To the impatient idiot in the LR discovery..

AYBABTU

Driving like a madman (or possibly madwoman) - you cut me up coming along the A61 at shalesmoor and then swerved past various other people in your hurry to get up netherthorpe road to brookhill roundabout.

You proceeded to zoom about whenever possible all the way to fulwood village where I finally lost sight of you careering up brooklands avenue and then whitfield road.

I was pootling along at the speed limit behind you all the way dismayed at your aggressive pushiness in a 2 tonne + vehicle.

You gained about 5 seconds - and yet could so easily have destroyed your life or someone elses.

PRAT.

Am I allowed to post the reg? (was a private one)

It's okay I just laugh at A the amount of fuel they pay for an B the amount of tax they get stung for.

Tis Karma in a little way :D

As a discovery owner A, i use no more fuel than your average family saloon as i drive my landrover appropriately.

And B, because mine was registered before the date of the tax oomph, i pay just over £100 for six months, which for me is more than managable.

I'd also like to add that my old tub does 0-40 mph in three days, its not a vehicle that was built for zooming about.

Mr landrover man/woman who this post was originally about obviously drives like a grade A noob, but for every idiot in a 4x4, there are the good ones who drive fine but still get stereo typed :)

I hate these kinds of post.

Why do you write as if you're speaking to the person in question, then proceed to tell them exactly what they did?

I think you know that there's pretty much no chance of this person reading your post, and you're just whining to everyone else, under the guise of chastising someone directly.

As a discovery owner A, i use no more fuel than your average family saloon as i drive my landrover appropriately.

And B, because mine was registered before the date of the tax oomph, i pay just over £100 for six months, which for me is more than managable.

I'd also like to add that my old tub does 0-40 mph in three days, its not a vehicle that was built for zooming about.

Mr landrover man/woman who this post was originally about obviously drives like a grade A noob, but for every idiot in a 4x4, there are the good ones who drive fine but still get stereo typed :)

I was not stereotyping. I was actually referring to the new models with the big tax. I would rather buy a house than a new car these days.

Fair play for getting the lower tax. I have to say though that I do laugh when my neighbours get stuck in the snow with their 4 x 4's ( LR and some subaru crap) and I just zoom past them in my little car which never has a problem it seems.

I hate these kinds of post.

Why do you write as if you're speaking to the person in question, then proceed to tell them exactly what they did?

I think you know that there's pretty much no chance of this person reading your post, and you're just whining to everyone else, under the guise of chastising someone directly.

You'd be surprised how many people have responded to posts about them. There is a very good chance they read the forum.

You are right though shouting about it on here solves nothing. Unfortunately these people never get seen. I am not sure which country it is but there is one place where all new cars are fitted with dash cams in case of a crash to sort out insurance blame. I wish we could do that here and have a way to send and report idiot drivers.

I was not stereotyping. I was actually referring to the new models with the big tax.

In that case i beg your pardon. It was a little hard to decipher the "them" part of your post. It seemed you were refering to 4x4's in general :)

However it's still worth pointing out that people have a choice when choosing a vehicle. And if they couldn't afford to run it, i doubt they would buy it in the first place. So i dare say they wouldnt be bothered about being stung on either fuel or tax charges.

Archived