Amateur photographer looking for wedding experience

mjeffries

Hi!

Wasn't sure where to put this as it isn't a business as such but that's what I'm working towards I guess.

Anyway...

I'm an amateur budding photographer looking for practice at events such as weddings, gigs, modelling etc. I'd be in the background, don't mind me. In return you'll get a free set of photo's on CD from the session.

I'm not here to replace a paid for photographer. Like I said, I'm looking for the practice, but that's not to say that I'm rubbish.

My flickr account user id is darkframes if you'd like to take a nosey.

(it wont allow me to post the link here :()

I'm not a dusty old style photographer, I try to add a little extra and take my time both taking and editing each shot.

If you'd like to hire me please get in touch.

Two things come to mind.

A pro photographer probably won't want to help you. Would you help the guy trying to take your work?

That leaves two options.

1 - Offer your services free as a 'spare' but no guarantee of results. As long as you dress well and don't bug anyone, you should get offers.

2 - Offer your services to poorer families who can't afford a photographer.

Reg offices may allow you to post an ad or tell couples about you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I were a younger man with the time, I'd be going to as many gigs as possible and taking pictures - some of the bands might make it big and your images will be worth something, and if not, you'll be getting a portfolio and practice.

If you let the venue use your pictures you could become their 'in-house' photographer - there are plenty of places with free gigs on.Try the Dove and Rainbow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived