The future of Sheffield's Libraries - Megathread

fox20thc

Anyone going?

Saturday 5th of February is the national day of action for libraries and Library Workers For A Brighter Future would like to invite everybody to a mass 'Shhhh!'-in at 11am in the Sheffield Central Lending Library on Surrey Street.

Shhh-In rules...

Finger to lips.

At 11am say 'Shhhhh!'

Finish off with three cheers for the library!

Finally, borrow lots of books – lets empty those shelves. You're allowed up to 15 out on your library card, so bring a big bag!

Looks like a fun way of getting folks into their libraries :)

Anyone going?

Saturday 5th of February is the national day of action for libraries and Library Workers For A Brighter Future would like to invite everybody to a mass 'Shhhh!'-in at 11am in the Sheffield Central Lending Library on Surrey Street.

Shhh-In rules...

Finger to lips.

At 11am say 'Shhhhh!'

Finish off with three cheers for the library!

Finally, borrow lots of books – lets empty those shelves. You're allowed up to 15 out on your library card, so bring a big bag!

Looks like a fun way of getting folks into their libraries :)

Do you have to book a place then ?.:huh:

I do not have a library card. In fact, the last time I was in a library was when I was a student about 10 years ago.

And I do not have a criminal record. In fact, the last time I was in a Police station was nearly 20 years ago when I needed to use the public payphone in the lobby.

Archived