Disabled scooter stopped for no tax disc

going to hillsbrough down wordsworth ave this morning a police car with blue flashing lights..the trafic was being slowed down on one side..i stoped my car as a disabled man,was indistress,he could hardley walk having one leg and upper arm problems.i asked if i could help? the police officer said no.i ased the scooter driver he said iv no tax on my scooter..what kind of joke is this..the police said he was driving at 4mph on a pavement without tax....how low is it getting for police....must be on hard times..police told me to move on or they would take action towards me for hindering the coarse of the law..shamefull

going to hillsbrough down wordsworth ave this morning a police car with blue flashing lights..the trafic was being slowed down on one side..i stoped my car as a disabled man,was indistress,he could hardley walk having one leg and upper arm problems.i asked if i could help? the police officer said no.i ased the scooter driver he said iv no tax on my scooter..what kind of joke is this..the police said he was driving at 4mph on a pavement without tax....how low is it getting for police....must be on hard times..police told me to move on or they would take action towards me for hindering the coarse of the law..shamefull

It wasn't really any of your business at all was it? The police were dealing with something and you decided to interfere.

It wasn't really any of your business at all was it? The police were dealing with something and you decided to interfere.

They were dealing with a harassed disabled man. Have a heart, it could have been one of your relatives. OP was being a concerned citizen to someone in distress:roll::roll:

If you are an owner of a class three mobility scooter or power wheelchair (scooters and wheelchairs that can travel up to 8mph) you are required to register the vehicle with the DVLA and display a FREE tax disc. One you have registered the vehicle for the first time the DVLA will send a yearly reminder to renew the tax. Renewal can be undertaken in your local post office or over the phone or by the internet. No payment is currently required.

If you no longer us the vehicle it is important to inform the DVLA and obtain either a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) or cancel the registration if the scooter if exported or scrapped.

If a valid tax disc or SORN is not obtained for the vehicle you can be liable for a fine of £80.

For further information on taxing you scooter or power wheelchair contact your nearest DVLA office or call 0300 1231277 or 0300 7906802

My father had to register his however the supplier provided an instruction sheet on how to fill in the DVLA form as it's not quite straight forward, given the form is designed to register motor vehicles.

It's down the the EU (interfering again) changing the classification of tax for them, incorporating them under leisure vehicles. This is most likely due the fat & lazy <removed> that get them and don't need them.

IMO if they have to be 'taxed' then they should be licence & insured and to obtain a licence for one the user should have to provide a medical certificate stating they require the use and complete some form of compulsory basic training.

They should have to have compulsory motor insurance too.

You lefties might not agree now, but if one ran into your 2CV, you would be crying into your vegetarian beverage!

He was on footpath, why would a 2CV be on footpath?

Archived