The Cost of Supermarket Shopping..

In these days of greed led costs spiralling out of control one thing that always seemed to remain reasonable was the weekly supermarket shop (around £70-80 and we were sorted), but not anymore.

Supermarket prices have increased considerably over the last 2-3yrs our shopping budget is going through the roof and I'm getting nothing for it.

I dont mind paying my way but I hate being ripped off, I am giving a trial run to using our local farmers roadside fruit & veg stall (excellent value and good produce) a local butcher (ditto) but am still reluctantly having to use the supermarkets (boo) to buy toiletries, cleaning products etc.

Has anybody else decided to act on this (seeing how packed Tesco was today I doubt it) and are there alternatives for buying toiletries anywhere???

In these days of greed led costs spiralling out of control one thing that always seemed to remain reasonable was the weekly supermarket shop (around £70-80 and we were sorted), but not anymore.

Supermarket prices have increased considerably over the last 2-3yrs our shopping budget is going through the roof and I'm getting nothing for it.

I dont mind paying my way but I hate being ripped off, I am giving a trial run to using our local farmers roadside fruit & veg stall (excellent value and good produce) a local butcher (ditto) but am still reluctantly having to use the supermarkets (boo) to buy toiletries, cleaning products etc.

Has anybody else decided to act on this (seeing how packed Tesco was today I doubt it) and are there alternatives for buying toiletries anywhere???

Have they? Well blow me down, who'd have thought it?

We buy our frozen stuff from Jack Fultons, (all brand names, just cheaper), household products from Wilkinsons (again cheaper brand names) and other stuff from the 99p shop, all near each other and near the markets (where we buy our fruit and veg).

There are cheaper alternatives - you don't have to pay the supermarkets overheads! (you are paying for their electric, car parking, trolley collection.... etc)

Approved foods do good stuff!

Archived