Sheffield on Twitter

Won't name any individuals, but local businesses and organisations are a starting point.

Also, try using hashtags like #sheffield, as well as the saved searches facility. Sheffield is certainly one of my saved searches.

Won't name any individuals, but local businesses and organisations are a starting point.

Also, try using hashtags like #sheffield, as well as the saved searches facility. Sheffield is certainly one of my saved searches.

THIS is a great tip. If you use a third party app like tweetdeck, it will save it in own column.

These are some great local twitter accts.

@rutlandarms

@sheffieldblog

@shtelegraph

@sheffieldtap

@tramlines

Also, if youre just going to be a 'local' twitter feed, try connecting to shops, bars and restaurants in the area to see if theyre on twitter. Follow them and re-tweet their messages to your followers. Hopefully theyll click on the follow button as well.

THIS is a great tip. If you use a third party app like tweetdeck, it will save it in own column.

These are some great local twitter accts.

@rutlandarms

@sheffieldblog

@shtelegraph

@sheffieldtap

@tramlines

Also, if youre just going to be a 'local' twitter feed, try connecting to shops, bars and restaurants in the area to see if theyre on twitter. Follow them and re-tweet their messages to your followers. Hopefully theyll click on the follow button as well.

With the Rutland Arms & Sheffield Tap, just mention them in one of your tweets when you are down the pub and if it's positive they are fairly certain to RT and maybe even follow you as well.

Tweeting about beer when I'm down the pub has become something of a stock in trade for me.

Wednesday and United are also good subjects for local twittering, especially with the #swfc and #sufc hashtags, although I'm convinced that any tweeting I do about football during a match will jinx my team.

I'm a bit of a twitterer these day's, it's actually pretty good once you get into it...

Just how does one do that..:) my friend and i have joined Twitter, (we're elderly ladies) and we've been on about half a dozen times, still dont understand it..:rolleyes::huh:

What is it for? or are we too old to go on there?..why do you "follow" people..more to the point how do you follow people..:hihi:

My friends a regular on Second Life, she fully understands it, but like me hasent a clue on Twitter...:(

Archived