Has anyone read the bible

Has anyone read the Bible? When I ask this I mean from page to page, beginning to end.

There a few things that make me question the book.

Story of Noah.

In the bible it says he was a alcoholic.

My questions are: How did an alcoholic come to build an ark? Is that possible?

Noah claimed God was talking to him - him being a alcoholic invaildates his claim that god was talking to him. If you meet an alcoholic, and he claimed god was talking to him, you would not believe him.

A prophet would not be an alcoholic.

Story of Lot.

It states that his daughters got him drunk and seduced him!

Again would a prophet really have had this done to him?

Incest story in the bible?

Story of David.

It states that David fell in love with a lady called Bethsheba. Bethsheba was married to Uriya - a commander of David's army.

He seduced Bethsheba and told his army to abandon Uriya in battle. So he committed adultery, murder and became a plotter.

Something has clearly gone wrong.

Please discuss. x

From cover to cover, yes, but not for quite some time and I don't remember all of it.

David was punished for his sins by having his son, Absalom, do to David in full view of the whole country, what he, David, had done secretly and tried to hide. (The adultery part, anyway...)

No human in the Old Testament is without sin; they all had at least one flaw. Moses suffered from a violent temper, and it cost him his place in the promised land.

From cover to cover, yes, but not for quite some time and I don't remember all of it.

David was punished for his sins by having his son, Absalom, do to David in full view of the whole country, what he, David, had done secretly and tried to hide. (The adultery part, anyway...)

No human in the Old Testament is without sin; they all had at least one flaw. Moses suffered from a violent temper, and it cost him his place in the promised land.

Thank you for your reply.

Are these stories to show humanity that if you commit sin there will be punishment?

I thought prophets were sinless? x

I did read it when I was younger, as I was given a Bible as a leaving present from middle school, but it didn't make much difference to me and I'm not a Christian now.

I have the Bible, and I am in the process of reading it. Hopefully I will read it quickly! x

Everyone has at least one flaw; it's just the way things are

Archived