Immigrant recieves 2nd highest bravery award

I saw the news report on TV, it said nothing about any plans for moving to Britain.

Cpl Dipprasad Pun, 31, of Ashford, Kent, said he was "very proud" after receiving the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross at Buckingham Palace.

i presume Ashford, Kent is in britain :suspect:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13619825

a brave brave man, fought off the taliban single handedly

My bold.

Why didn't you use that as your title with a link?

He's a soldier. Why not say British soldier? We know your issue on this immigrant stuff, why the need to repeat it?

The title in my opinion is inflammatory at least and insulting at most to the lad.

Ex punk fights off Taliban. (see what I mean?)

The TV report didn't go into the exciting details of his address. Are you sure he's not just stationed there?

Matters not a jot, he was a foreigner serving conspicuously in the British Army.

Matters not a jot, he was a foreigner serving conspicuously in the British Army.

I don't care either way mate, good for him on his award. I was wondering if someone was assuming he was an immigrant simply because he is a Gurkha. I expect not all of them are seduced by the wonder of the UK.

I don't care either way mate, good for him on his award. I was wondering if someone was assuming he was an immigrant simply because he is a Gurkha. I expect not all of them are seduced by the wonder of the UK.

..well to me it appears many are playing semantics-he's a foreigner serving in the British Army, he might live here he might not..but like many foreigners/immigrants he is well disposed towards Britain, I think mel is merely highlighting that fact since most of the discussions here relating to foreigners/immigrants come from a negative perspective, or perhaps you disagree?

how many immigrants have killed, raped or thieved their way through the british isles? does this number overshadow the number of immigrants that have received bravery awards?

does this mean immigrants are all murderers, rapists and thieves? it does using your logic!

what a stupid troll like thread to make. you're no better than a racist!

Archived