Cats Fouling and their owners

We're constantly plagued by cats fouling down our gennel which we share with our neighbours (none of whom have cats).

The smell of urine is disgusting and the daily sight have of fresh faeces which need cleaning upis revolting, but more than that, my toddler is now walking and I don't want her treading or putting her hands in it.

Is there anything in the law which holds owners responsible for what their cats do (as their seems to be with dogs).

Thanks

We're constantly plagued by cats fouling down our gennel which we share with our neighbours (none of whom have cats).

The smell of urine is disgusting and the daily sight have of fresh faeces which need cleaning upis revolting, but more than that, my toddler is now walking and I don't want her treading or putting her hands in it.

Is there anything in the law which holds owners responsible for what their cats do (as their seems to be with dogs).

Thanks

No law much to the delight of some cat owners

Cats get the best of both worlds - they legally cannot be owned, so 'owners' are not responsible for them, but you can't shoot them if they're on your land as you can foxes *shrugs*

There are parts of America where it's considered cruel to allow a cat to roam, as we believe it is to allow a dog to roam. Given the current traffic levels and poisons cats can help themselves to, I'd support such legislation

Surely the must be some way of holding them responsible.

They may as well walk down the gennel themselves and use it as their own loo for what it's worth.

That would probably be less hazzardous to health. Human feces don't carry toxoplasmosis as far as I'm aware

Thanks

Can I point you in the direction of at least half a dozen pointless, useless threads concerned with owners being responsible for their cats? At least I would but I'm too busy stifling a yawn.

Are your sure it's cats? Cats do tend to go where they can bury what they've done in soil or cat litter etc. I must admit I've never seen a cat urinate on a hard surface and the only cat I've seen poo on a pavement was very ill.

Are your sure it's cats? Cats do tend to go where they can bury what they've done in soil or cat litter etc. I must admit I've never seen a cat urinate on a hard surface and the only cat I've seen poo on a pavement was very ill.

I've seen a cat spray a car - and that doesn't half stink INSIDE the car too

Archived