SLOW driving is DANGEROUS

Its about time!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016721/Slow-drivers-dangerous-roads-cause-crashes.html

Slow drivers are one of the biggest dangers on the road and should be treated like speeders, a report says today.

Nearly a third of motorists have had a 'near miss' caused by someone travelling slowly.

These drivers create such frustration that six out of ten motorists feel stress rise and about half are tempted to 'undertake'.

Stressful: Slow drivers cause six out of ten motorists into temptation to undertake

It has led to calls for a crackdown on slow drivers including the setting of minimum limits or even ‘slow speed’ cameras.

Transport Department figures show 143 accidents a year are caused directly by slow drivers.

The report from insurer Confused.com coincides with the Government’s deadline today for police and councils to publish prosecution and casualty data on speed cameras to see if they do save lives or just raise cash.

The report notes: ’In reaction to these slow drivers, almost half (45%) of motorists risk overtaking, thus increasing the chances of an accident.

They need to bring in a law like they have in certain states of america - if you are travelling slowly and do not stop regularly to allow people to pass you are breaking the law. This applies to all vehicles and I think makes total sense. That way people can travel whatever speed they like but have to allow others to do the same.

Slow drivers have the worst attitudes and do the most dangerous tactics.They are the sheep of society who think its their job to stop others who they THINK are speeding and will resort to any dangerous tactic to do it.

Who hasnt had a slow driver accelerate on them as you have been mid pass?

BUT if everyone drove at 10 MPH it wouldn't be a problem. I demand everyone drives at 10mph, weards a bobble hat and tries desperately to look over the steering wheel and give anyone trying to get past them a withering look.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: That's an interesting theory. All cars overtaken by cyclists who are then easily able to shoot red lights without getting hit by car:hihi::hihi:

Couldn't be much worse than the fast driver (or rather overassertive, wasn't going anywhere fast) who I saw yesterday on the snake. Overtook me while I was in a procession of traffic in the 30 mph section that is being resurfaced whilst I was overtaking a cyclist. Then proceeded to try to overtake on two blind bends and found things coming the other way and had to dive back in. They actually got flashed by an Evo coming the other way who luckily was driving sensibly.

Surely the saving grace of slow driving is that problems happen slower and can be solved more easily whereas speeding makes things happen quicker?

Its about time!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2016721/Slow-drivers-dangerous-roads-cause-crashes.html

Slow drivers are one of the biggest dangers on the road and should be treated like speeders, a report says today.

Nearly a third of motorists have had a 'near miss' caused by someone travelling slowly.

These drivers create such frustration that six out of ten motorists feel stress rise and about half are tempted to 'undertake'.

Stressful: Slow drivers cause six out of ten motorists into temptation to undertake

It has led to calls for a crackdown on slow drivers including the setting of minimum limits or even ‘slow speed’ cameras.

Transport Department figures show 143 accidents a year are caused directly by slow drivers.

The report from insurer Confused.com coincides with the Government’s deadline today for police and councils to publish prosecution and casualty data on speed cameras to see if they do save lives or just raise cash.

The report notes: ’In reaction to these slow drivers, almost half (45%) of motorists risk overtaking, thus increasing the chances of an accident.

So someone who overtakes and causes an accident is not at fault, the driver who was overtaken is the one who is at fault.

What a load of rubbish. Could only be in the Daily Mail

Archived