Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

Seems that the twaddle foisted upon us that "Speed Cameras" are there to stop accidents has been proved wrong now. Seems like a study on them has come up with a different reason - as many of us thought from their onset - most are just simple "revenue collectors".

What makes this story credible is that it was carried out by the DOT, aye the Department of Transport, a Government body.

So there you have it, we are been fleeced again it would seem.

http://www.walletpop.co.uk/2011/08/24/speed-cameras-revealed-as-dangerous-money-spinners/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%7C75327

Regards

Angel.

Speed camera are only cash cows if you're stupid enough to drive over the limit where there's a cam.

If you're too blind to see them or too stupid to bother looking, tough and enjoy your fines.

Maybe you should read the article before posting.

Regards

Angel.

The mobile one on Carlisle St. is purely for collecting revenue,no housing,no school,virtually no footfall and mainly bordered by empty premises.

There are central traffic islands to rule out overtaking and i have seen no reports of accidents in the region,the only lay-by is usually the one where the camera van parks.

I reckon the main reason is that the vans are stored just around this area so it's a nice few hours overtime,lock up the van and offski....time and a half thank you.

Surely a forty mph limit along roads such as this would help to alleviate some of the derogatory remarks and criticism attached to the units.

P.S. i'm not a speeder...........46 years with a clean license.

Doesn’t there have to be 3 incidents before they can put a camera on a stretch of road.

I'm unsure - i knew of a few where no reported incidents had ever occurred, 1 has been removed in Renishaw but i'm sure there is still one at Aston where we could never find anything.

There has to be incidents for road signs,chevrons etc to be in place, accidents happen all the time.

btw i don't have an issue with paying the fines.

Archived