Car Insurance Postcode shock in S13.

Bloomdido

I got a quote from Direct line a couple of days ago which was way lower than I am currently paying. I looked at cancelling my current policy, paying a £70 cancellation fee and taking the Direct Line policy.

I just rang to confirm this 'low quote' and it seems the previous person did not update my address. Once my new address was entered, the same quote rose by £220, a third of what I am currently paying and nearly half of their original quote.

I used to live near Handsworth Adsa and I now live in Woodhouse but still in S13. My car used to be on the street and is now in a drive. Anyone else found similar problems? Are policies loaded by which street people live on these days?

I got a quote from Direct line a couple of days ago which was way lower than I am currently paying. I looked at cancelling my current policy, paying a £70 cancellation fee and taking the Direct Line policy.

I just rang to confirm this 'low quote' and it seems the previous person did not update my address. Once my new address was entered, the same quote rose by £220, a third of what I am currently paying and nearly half of their original quote.

I used to live near Handsworth Adsa and I now live in Woodhouse but still in S13. My car used to be on the street and is now in a drive. Anyone else found similar problems? Are policies loaded by which street people live on these days?

yes is the answer to this. I moved about 800 yards away from my previous address. new post code = different price, even though I can see my old house!

Increased / different risk apparently

Yep,my daughter moved 150 yards away..different street..£100 cheaper car insurance..

Its back to front, the people who need the insurance most are the ones that are most likely to be a victim of crime. The people who live in these areas (the working ones) tend to earn lower wages and so it is a vicious trap.

Basically, if you have low lifes in your area - you get punished.

I don't know who true this is, but if you tell the insurer you are gay, then you get a discount

Its back to front, the people who need the insurance most are the ones that are most likely to be a victim of crime. The people who live in these areas (the working ones) tend to earn lower wages and so it is a vicious trap.

Basically, if you have low lifes in your area - you get punished.

I don't know who true this is, but if you tell the insurer you are gay, then you get a discount

Yes and even more if you are a member of an ethnic minority in Sheffield such as a graduate or buddhist.

Archived