Kindle or kobo, which one?

spudgun

I`m looking to buy an e-reader but wondered which is the better the kindle or the kobo

Hi,

I personally own an IPad and have not used the kindle or the Kobo but came across the below article by zdnet which you may find useful

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/zdnet-uk-first-take-10013312/amazon-kindle-or-whsmith-kobo-ereader-touch-10024630/

Regards,

A

Hi,

I personally own an IPad and have not used the kindle or the Kobo but came across the below article by zdnet which you may find useful

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/zdnet-uk-first-take-10013312/amazon-kindle-or-whsmith-kobo-ereader-touch-10024630/

Regards,

A

Thank you for that. It seems they both have there good and bad points

Not tried the Kobo (not even seen on tbh).. but I have to say the Kindle excels at what it's meant for, i.e reading! The E-Ink screen is gorgeous and feels totally natural IMO with respect to reading text. Much better than Iphone/Ipad for example (used for the same purpose).

I do wish it had a touch screen sometimes.. mainly because I'm used to swiping due to the aforementioned Apple products and find myself doing this with the Kindle from time to time only to think "you plank!" :D

We tried a Binatone ereader and could not get on - the glossy screen reflected light so badly it was unreadable except on dull days or in ambient indoor light.

The kindle does the job - brilliently. Also you can listen to mp3 and read at the same time from the one devive - cool! I know pads are more versatile but as an ereadr - the kindle takes some beating.

I have a Kobo touch, which I bought mostly for the improved PDF support over the Kindle. It's a pleasure to use and there are plenty of books, both free and paid for it.

I like the open nature of it but if you just want to buy books from Amazon obviously you'd be better off with a Kindle.

Archived