Update on stolen Golf R32

Just thought id update the people that helped trying to find this car.

The police seized the car that had my stolen wheels and suspected front end panels etc on it and i had to go to Halifax nick and identify them.

I could positievly identify the wheels but the bonnet, ligts bumper etc was impossible. As much as id have loved to have been able to say they were mine i just couldnt. A blue bonnet is a blue bonnet, a headlamps a headlamp :( Its probable they were mine but without any distinguishing marks i just couldnt identify them.

The cars now been handed back to the owner and he's sold it on. I should get the wheels back but theve been abused and in need of totally rebuilding and refurbishing whichis going to cost loads so probably not even worth doing so thers no winners here.

And to make matters a bit worse i cant put my private plate on my new car for at least 12 months unless by some miracle the stolen car surfaces which its not.

I guess that if anyone has a decent car they should score the inside of each accesable panel with some identifying mark and take a picture of it on the off chance a similar thing happens.

Is anyone being done for stealing the wheels? Receiving stolen property springs to mind.

I guess that if anyone has a decent car they should score the inside of each accesable panel with some identifying mark and take a picture of it on the off chance a similar thing happens.

Is anyone being done for stealing the wheels? Receiving stolen property springs to mind.

I think there getting charged with handling stolen goods yes but he's still claiming he bought them legit from the Rochdale area......

Ive emailed him asking where he bought my stolen wheels from.....no answer so far !!

Archived