Kindle/e-reader

If you go to WH Smiths you will see the Kobo on display which is very similar but has the advantage of open source book buying and different reading formats like pdf. The Kindle books can only be purchased through Amazon. Amazon is the biggest book supplier but you may be limiting the use.

Or for roughly the same price you can get a tablet and in turn get the kindle app for it.Then you would be able to read books,play games,surf the net etc.Also you wouldn`t be tied into the kindle book format (mobi) and would be able to get them from anywhere (epub) and also have a pdf reader if you liked magazines etc.

Just depends how bothered you would be with a backlit device and a normal kindle would have a much longer battery life.Kindles are good though,i also have one.

Or for roughly the same price you can get a tablet and in turn get the kindle app for it.Then you would be able to read books,play games,surf the net etc.Also you wouldn`t be tied into the kindle book format (mobi) and would be able to get them from anywhere (epub) and also have a pdf reader if you liked magazines etc.

Just depends how bothered you would be with a backlit device and a normal kindle would have a much longer battery life.Kindles are good though,i also have one.

Any tablet for roughly the same price as a Kindle is going to pretty poor. I'd much prefer a master of one function rather than a jack-of-all

Aight, this is wrong in two ways, firstly, any reasonable functionable tablet is going to cost upwards of £400. Kindle, £89.

And secondly, the whole point of an E-Reader is that it's like reading from paper, tablets are back lit and are not meant to be read on for long periods.

Roughly the same price, :loopy:.

Aight, this is wrong in two ways, firstly, any reasonable functionable tablet is going to cost upwards of £400. Kindle, £89.

And secondly, the whole point of an E-Reader is that it's like reading from paper, tablets are back lit and are not meant to be read on for long periods.

Roughly the same price, :loopy:.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-M009S-Google-Android-Tablet/dp/B004RAN7VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AWLZ693JCX72F&s=generic&qid=1327578497&sr=1-1

It will certainly be functional but I'd still rather have the Kindle which does it's one thing perfectly

Archived