Is this a dilemma or not ?

Supposing I want to bring my kids up to want to kill you all for not believing what I believe. Or supposing I choose to call my kids Adolph Hitler, Starling or Mira Hindley the 2nd.

Would that mean if you/society wished to take the kids from me and my stupid small minded (call it what you will) ways, you would be in the wrong for not letting me teach my kids how to be suicide bombers or whatever I fancied ?

Reason I ask the question ?

Well it has been put in a few topics now that if the Government wished to take the kids off people like Abu Qatada or Abu Hamza even, society/Government would be wrong for not allowing them their family life.

Well, what about the thousands of other citizens that have their kids taken from them for not being suitable?

Why are people not in their droves to stand up to their, so called, human rights to a family life ?

I personally do not see an issue, I do not hold the view that Islam belief should held higher regard than the values of the country that the rest of us are expected to be beholden to.

So how can the people on this very forum that say that it is wrong to deny these people of their parents are left unchallenged and not ridiculed away for the very stupid notions that they come out with ?

We are signed up to Human rights but where does the British Rights fare in it all ?

To the best of my knowledge, no government agency or social worker has ever so much as suggested that Qatada's children should be taken away from him for their own protection. I'm not sure how you think this is even a relevant argument to anything, much less a dilemma.

If I believed in Paedophilia although had never expressed it to my children as far as the state was concerned, would the social services be legally and morally in their right to disassociate me from my kids ?

Or would my right to believe what I wished take precedent over what the state knew was morally acceptable ?

Supposing I was to bring my kids up to think Homosexuality was wrong and have them express that belief in their school ?

Do you think the principle would be in the wrong to raise any concerns with the education department or the social services if those beliefs went against what the school thought to be morally acceptable and against their own mandate of education ?

If I believed in Paedophilia although had never expressed it to my children as far as the state was concerned, would the social services be legally and morally in their right to disassociate me from my kids ?

This is another non-argument. How can one "believe in pedophilia"? It's nonsense.

Supposing I was to bring my kids up to think Homosexuality was wrong and have them express that belief in their school ?

Do you think the principle would be in the wrong to raise any concerns with the education department or the social services if those beliefs went against what the school thought to be morally acceptable and against their own mandate of education ?

He'd report a family to Social Services because the children were against homosexuality? The SSs would be overrun with kids if everyone did that.

As intolerant as some people are, and as intolerant as some children are taught, there is no rational that the family should be split up. Their views should be challenged, the law should dictate how we behave towards one another, but to split a family up for it is wrong. You can't dictate how people think.

This is another non-argument. How can one "believe in pedophilia"? It's nonsense.

He'd report a family to Social Services because the children were against homosexuality? The SSs would be overrun with kids if everyone did that.

As intolerant as some people are, and as intolerant as some children are taught, there is no rational that the family should be split up. Their views should be challenged, the law should dictate how we behave towards one another, but to split a family up for it is wrong. You can't dictate how people think.

Ok, maybe paedophilia was a bad example or I could have worded it better to say 'believe in the practice of', but it does not take away what I meant, I mean if I preach the hate of others, then should the state not intervene and protect the minds of the innocent IE: the kids ?

Your last statement backs up exactly what I am saying, if his children are listening to a minuscule amount of the dictations he has made then they are in danger of having their heads and futures as citizens in this country severely diminished.

Or you just of the opinion that the British society cannot dictate while maintaining this nutters right to dictate the hate and violence he does his kin ?

Ok, maybe paedophilia was a bad example or I could have worded it better to say 'believe in the practice of', but it does not take away what I meant, I mean if I preach the hate of others, then should the state not intervene and protect the minds of the innocent IE: the kids ?

Where they believe those minds to be at risk, they already can intervene. There is no dilemma.

Archived