Pow Wow Mod Club Sheffield - Sat 18th March

Modculture

The much talked-about bi-monthly mod night returns on Saturday 18th March 2006.

The Pow Wow Club, co-promoted by Modculture, follows on from the successful Outta Sight club night in Manchester, which played to packed dancefloors in that particular city last year.

The Pow Wow Club follows the same principle of bringing the coolest and rarest 60s dancefloor grooves to a friendly and appreciative city centre crowd, mixing the best local DJ talent with high profile names from all over Europe – offering a genuine alternative night out in Sheffield.

Our opening night was packed (and not without the occasional celebrity!), so get there early!!

DNR Live (FKA Under The Boardwalk)

Snig Hill, Sheffield, S3 8NA

Time: 9pm until 2am

Cost: £5 (£4 members or NUS and a bargain £3 for members/NUS before 10pm)

- for free membership, just sign up online at http://www.modculture.co.uk/sheffield/

The infamous 'after-club' party (which takes you through to daylight) is still to be confirmed, we'll tell you when we can and venue details given on the night.

DJ line-up:

Mikey Collins (Friday Street, Glasgow)

Paul Molloy (Friday Street, Glasgow)

Plus resident DJs Gav Arno (Brighton Beach) and Mike Parry (Brighton Beach, Shaken).

Details of forthcoming dates and line-ups will be announced shortly.

Additional daytime event:

We are also having an informal daytime get-together on the day of the event in Sheffield's finest pub - The Washington on Fitzwilliam Street in the city centre.

It's a good excuse to have a bit of a mod 'bring and buy' sale of records, clothing and collectables, with some DJ decks set up for the playing of quality tunes.

All welcome, free to get in, just email us in advance at sheffield@modculture.co.uk if you want a stall or just turn up if you don't!

Hope to see you there!

Dave Walker

I went to the last one, it was amazing.

Couldn't believe how packed it was & how cool everyone looked!I didn't know much of the music but it was great, not really stuff like anything I'd heard before - really cool 60s soul and stuff, but definitely not like my dad likes!

Top night out, really different.

CH

p.s. Is Jarvis coming again?:love::thumbsup:

We can't guarantee another appearance by Jarvis Cocker (yes, he was a paying punter for the last one and seemed to have a jolly old time too), but we can guarantee the best dancefloor sounds, the hippest crowd and the friendliest night out you'll have this year.

Did I mention it was just £3 to members before 10pm? No wonder we don't make any money. Still..that's not why you put a club night on.

See first post for full details and membership details.

Ta,

Dave

I went to the last one, it was amazing.

Couldn't believe how packed it was & how cool everyone looked!I didn't know much of the music but it was great, not really stuff like anything I'd heard before - really cool 60s soul and stuff, but definitely not like my dad likes!

Top night out, really different.

CH

p.s. Is Jarvis coming again?:love::thumbsup:

couldn't agree more, fantastic night can't wait till saturday.

pop down to the daytime do at the washington.............

see you there...........

Just a reminder that this is happening this coming Saturday - pleease come along and support a real alternative night out in Sheffield.

Just £3 in before 10pm to members - and the beer is pub prices.

If you need to know anything, check the link below or feel free to drop me a line.

Ta,

Dave

• 1 year later...

Archived