Yorkshire Water 8.5% Rise

Yorkshire Water has sent me my water bill today, and its increased by a mind boggling 8.5% on last years bill!!!!!

Theres no way they can justify that level of rise. Unfortunately you can't switch supplier, so theres no need for them to be competitive. Licence to print money.

And so much for ofwats limit of a 1.4 % increase this year.

Yorkshire Water has sent me my water bill today, and its increased by a mind boggling 8.5% on last years bill!!!!!

Theres no way they can justify that level of rise.

Certainly there is. You have the option of cutting yourself off from the water network, digging your own cesspit, arranging disposal of your own wastes, and collecting your own water.

If you prefer to pay the bill and have them supply those services, the bill is justified. If you don't, it isn't.

Theres no way they can justify that level of rise. Unfortunately you can't switch supplier, so theres no need for them to be competitive. Licence to print money.

And so much for ofwats limit of a 1.4 % increase this year.

Sadly the Directors and Chairman have to pay their golf subs. It's only fair that a small increase of 8.5% be levied so they can still afford to go about their weekly game. I'm certain that the poor surf who cannot afford to live is a high priority on their minds when they are in the 19th hole.

Angel.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Change to a meter, try it for a year if not change back, what have you to lose? I save loads and we have baths and I don't scrimp on the water !

doesnt matter if you are on a meter or not, the price is going up 8.5%

we have a meter but its just another annual rip off, fix the leaks and save money YW rather than sending us flyers in post, emails, internet advertising.we are a captive audience, we know who you are and what you do, get on with it more efficiently AND with less profit.:mad:

doesnt matter if you are on a meter or not, the price is going up 8.5%

we have a meter but its just another annual rip off, fix the leaks and save money YW rather than sending us flyers in post, emails, internet advertising.we are a captive audience, we know who you are and what you do, get on with it more efficiently AND with less profit.:mad:

Yeah but it's still cheaper than paying rates is my point.

Yeah but it's still cheaper than paying rates is my point.

its a sore point for me because water is a necessity and yet they are allowed to get away with a leaky system and still make profits to pay big wages. should be non profit making for supply of a basic human need like water.

Certainly there is. You have the option of cutting yourself off from the water network, digging your own cesspit, arranging disposal of your own wastes, and collecting your own water.

If you prefer to pay the bill and have them supply those services, the bill is justified. If you don't, it isn't.

Yet another silly post, and wrong.

This is the public utility that it never made sense to privatise. There's no way for water companies to compete over their product, and no benefit to the consumer from losing public ownership to a private minority of shareholders. They may argue that the cost of modernising the infrastructure causes higher prices, but we've only got their word for that.