Anyone experience of having a glass room?

We have a conservatory (dwarf wall) with a K glass (peak) roof. In the summer it gets sun in the morning then shade in the afternoon. Even so, during the these months often it is too hot to sit in. Added to that the glare is uncomfortable. Any furniture tends to fade due to the sun. Blinds are very expensive (or so I'm told).

If the room is to be south facing it will be very hot indeed. In the winter it will be quite cold because from the picture it appears that there will be nowhere to install a radiator. We have two radiators, one a very large double but it still gets chilly in the colder months.

TBH if I had the money I would take the roof off and replace it with a proper one to make it into a garden room.

This is my view, which is very much a practical one but these issues might not be of concern to yourself or others.

that roof is disappointing - I was expecting that link to be to a frameless construction

~I agree about the garden rooms too - except about the radiator bit - that's what underfloor heating and heating channels are for

A radiator on the opposite side of the room to the glass will draw a cold draught across the floor

We have a conservatory (dwarf wall) with a K glass (peak) roof. In the summer it gets sun in the morning then shade in the afternoon. Even so, during the these months often it is too hot to sit in. Added to that the glare is uncomfortable. Any furniture tends to fade due to the sun. Blinds are very expensive (or so I'm told).

If the room is to be south facing it will be very hot indeed. In the winter it will be quite cold because from the picture it appears that there will be nowhere to install a radiator. We have two radiators, one a very large double but it still gets chilly in the colder months.

TBH if I had the money I would take the roof off and replace it with a proper one to make it into a garden room.

This is my view, which is very much a practical one but these issues might not be of concern to yourself or others.

Useful info, thank you.

Why would you go the expense and build something that you can't comfortably use because it produces 'glare' in the sun and fades your furniture all for the sake of installing some blinds. We have roof and wall blinds installed and they help regulate the temperature and remove the issues you quote.

Archived