Northern General dangerous and ignorant staff parking

Parking in the area of the Northern General by staff has become a complete nuisance and some of the parking is dangerous on Barnsley road at times parking and leaving there cars the wrong way round at the top of Barnsley forcing the buses and ambulances to pull out onto the other side of the road it will not be long before there is an accident there,my daughter lives on Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

I agree with you it isn't acceptable but you have to equally feel for the staff, the available parking at the hospital is limited considering the number of staff working there. My lad used to work at The Northern General and living in Kiveton he obviously had to drive in to work and many a time he would come home annoyed as he couldn't get parked in the staff areas despite paying a monthly allowance out of his wages for a staff parking permit.

With all that land it's about time they considered building upwards into multi-storey car-parks, surely in the long run it would make things a lot easier for the hospital to police too and looking at your post it would help ten fold in surrounding areas. I don't know why they haven't build them already maybe somebody could enlighten me on this?

Parking in the area of the Northern General by staff has become a complete nuisance and some of the parking is dangerous on Barnsley road at times parking and leaving there cars the wrong way round at the top of Barnsley forcing the buses and ambulances to pull out onto the other side of the road it will not be long before there is an accident there,my daughter lives on Horndean road and they double park on here road all day she has to put the bins in the road to be able to park her car out side or even on the road they have even blocked one car in his drive last week.

I don't think it's the staff you need to be having a go at it's the hospital management! Would you want to pay £20 odd a month for a permit and still not be guaranteed a space. I'd rather take my chances and save cash.

I don't think it's the staff you need to be having a go at it's the hospital management! Would you want to pay £20 odd a month for a permit and still not be guaranteed a space. I'd rather take my chances and save cash.

Agree!!!!!

Why should they charge staff for parking there should be a free staff parking areas in fact parking should be free to everyone in all Hospitals in my opinion, but like everything else there would probably be some selfish ignorant pig that would spoil it and leave there cars there all day and go shopping or something.

Why should they charge staff for parking there should be a free staff parking areas in fact parking should be free to everyone in all Hospitals in my opinion, but like everything else there would probably be some selfish ignorant pig that would spoil it and leave there cars there all day and go shopping or something.

As seen in the Weston Park Hospital car park, unfortunately. There are cancer patients queuing to park to go and get their chemotherapy or radiotherapy and someone gets to the front of the queue, parks up, takes their bag out of the car and then crosses the road over to go into the Goodwin sports centre :( Sadly, not everybody understands how deeply inappropriate this is.

As seen in the Weston Park Hospital car park, unfortunately. There are cancer patients queuing to park to go and get their chemotherapy or radiotherapy and someone gets to the front of the queue, parks up, takes their bag out of the car and then crosses the road over to go into the Goodwin sports centre :( Sadly, not everybody understands how deeply inappropriate this is.

That is truely disgusting :o

That is truely disgusting :o

It is, but it is a fundamental decision taken by the management of the WPH that charging a patient who is attending the hospital every day for 6 or 8 weeks for life saving treatment is also inappropriate, so you have to take the occasional numpty as a side effect of this.

And you know this is staff, how?

Archived