Gracie Barra Sheffield - Brazilian jiu jitsu

Gracie Barra Sheffield,

Submission wrestling, gi and no gi. Fun club, good enviroment to train, both beginners and advanced students welcome.

First lesson free, we train at the 393 club monday nights 6-730 and wednesday 6-8. easly accessable by tram.

Full matted, safe enviroment to train with ground based ring for sparing

for further information see below

Instructor: Jon Goldson

Mobile: 07834 61 58 96

Email: goldson75@hotmail.com

393 Langsett Road, Hillsborough,

Sheffield,, S6

"organised like a team... fight like a family"

Sorry i forgot to add, that we are the ONLY official BJJ Club in or around Sheffield centre... anything else is an imatation

:thumbsup:

We also have seminars through out the year, from TOP BJJ Black belts. Including

Roger Gracie

Roger is the son of Professor Mauricio Motta Gomes. He is currently a Black Belt under Carlos Gracie Jnr.

Roger is one of the most exciting prospects on the Jiu Jitsu circuit at the moment. He is following in his father’s footsteps in fast becoming one of the world’s best Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Submission Grappling exponents.

Braulio Estima

Braulio is the current world champion

its 5 pounds per class. You don't have to be fit to get started, I wouldn't say I was and you can go at your own pace. There's a few guys over 30 at the club, at least one reasonably new to grappling arts so I wouldn't say you have to be under 30 to start.

Well said Jim,

You don't need to have a gi, just a pair of shorts or trackie bottoms and a t-shirt, we try to have spare gi's with us so people with out can gat the full benifit. But its not the law you must have one.

garryn Im not fit now, but like Jim said you work to your own pace, and get what YOU need from it.

There is no set structue to the lessons, so if you want to work on somthing specific, we can work to your needs.

EVERYONE is welcome, we have a few women train on a regular basis, and cover a broad range of techniques.

So if you want any more info please contact me (email) or john at the above address

Hope to see you :clap:

I'm super fit, so the ladies tell me. No wait, that's a lie.

But it's not a lie about how good the club is- everyone there is a good laugh but also there to train, and there's a decent range of people in terms of age, size, level of fitness etc. We even have a Mancunian. Get yourself along if you fancy trying BJJ- the first class is free, after all.

Archived