Mountain Biking Clubs in Sheffield

Let me know if you find one, my bike's getting rusty, and I could do with getting out more. From my experience of bike clubs they are all ultra fit people, you might be better just trying to convince a few mates to go out with you?

Originally posted by zxczxc

From my experience of bike clubs they are all ultra fit people

Depends what type of bike club you've experienced... if it was the XC lycra kind, then that is no fun.

If it was the baggy jeans, flat pedal and full face helmet type, then it's quite the opposite.

I have been wondering if you had anything to do with bikes, as your name is similar to an old make of DH fork (zzyzx).

I'm also wondering if the thread starter is the same Marie Elwood I know. You a Malin Bridge girl?

If I were you Marie, I wouldn't bother with riding clubs - just head out to Wharncliffe Woods on the next sunny Saturday. You'll meet up with loads of folks all willing to add people to their riding group!

What bike did you get?

I'm looking to buy one at the mo, partly coz my BF is in to it - he goes to Wharncliffe woods too, and partly coz i'l need something to cycle to work on.

So far i've looked at specialized hardrock, trek, GT and another one i cant remember!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Peaks Singletrack group are a great bunch to ride with. I haven't been out for a while, but the emphasis is always on fun riding, and always at a pace suitable for the slowest rider.

Generally rides from Sheffield area or in the Peak District. Keep an eye on the website.

Jerry

Archived