Thoughts on Henderson's Relish interview

my personal wish would be to see a Hendersons “Brown Sauce”.

I'd stop buying brown sauce any day if this ever materialize. :D

I guess many other people like me have made Henderson’ crisps al fresco, by shaking loads into the bag until the crisps are soaked. Makes a terrible mess of your fingers though so an actual crisp flavour would be brilliant.

I never thought of doing this - I must try it one day. Has anyone ever done this and what flavour crips did you used?

To think of it YES, there is one ingredient which we are unable to get anywhere else in the UK.... Sheffield tap water. The quality of the water in Sheffield is very unique. I would imagine it would taste very different if it was produced in say London.

Now I do hope they never add Fluoride to our water. That may well effect the taste of Henderson as we know it. :(

http://society.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4558402,00.html

I think Hendersons was the most pleasing so far. I was very pleased with the way all of my own questions were answered and I got the distinct impression that the person answering the questions enjoyed it.

What an excellent interview and highly interesting for the Hendo's afficionados. Pity I didn't know it was happening, I wanted to know if there was any truth in the rumour of the factory having to move premises. Anyone out there know?

I'm just off to polish my bottle collection, does anyone else have one?

• 4 weeks later...

I was in the Proper Pasty Company on Pinstone street today, and I noticed that they were selling their own relish. Closer inspection revealed it to be Hendersons Relish with the Pasty Company's label on it (bottled for them by hendersons, not bought and relabelled!)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by The Cycleracer

Sound advice in that interview, i would like to know how much a gallon costs and how long it would last.

A gallon of Hendersons can be bought at places like Makro, Bookers, Batley wholesalers or you can pop into the factory at Leavygreave Rd between 10am and 2.30 pm ~ Mon to Fri (This size is not yet available by mail order)

It costs 13.75ukp direct from Factory and the labels states 3 years shelf life - but it will last indefinatley as most of the ingredients in themselves are preservatives such as salt, sugar syrup etc

Hope that helps?

Archived