Sheffield in the 70s

Michael_W

I think the nightclub above the ice rink was called Samanthas, Houdi, it is now known as Stars Mayfair Suite, no longer a nightclub as such, but can be hired for functions birthdays / engagements etc.

The nightclub was called the Heartbeat first around 1966 when the rink opened

• 4 weeks later...

oh fond memories. Traffic on the Moor, the pedestrian precinct is an improvement. Do you remember the fountain outside the Town hall. The pubs were all called different things, the Nelson was a good meeting place and the old Mulberry Tavern. The High Cliffe folk club with Tony Capstick and guests (normally ended with Tony falling off tables singing Goodnight Irene) The Top Rank on a Tuesday night. Getting into the students union to see some good bands. Keep the memories flowing!

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday night Roxy and Bowie night. DID I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 songs that immediately remind me of the Daisy are 'walking in rythm' by the blackbyrds and 'sweetest feeling' by Jackie Wilson.

Do you remember that it used to open at lunchtime? Our school used to let us finish at dinnertime the last day before the school hols, and we used to go down the Daisy. Because it was underground it was pitch black, exactly the same as at night, and it was really weird coming out at 3.30pm when it closed and it being daylight outside!!!!!!!!

Used to work at crazy daisy in 1975. Loved it. Did you go in then?

• 1 month later...
Wednesday night Roxy and Bowie night. DID I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 songs that immediately remind me of the Daisy are 'walking in rythm' by the blackbyrds and 'sweetest feeling' by Jackie Wilson.

Do you remember that it used to open at lunchtime? Our school used to let us finish at dinnertime the last day before the school hols, and we used to go down the Daisy. Because it was underground it was pitch black, exactly the same as at night, and it was really weird coming out at 3.30pm when it closed and it being daylight outside!!!!!!!!

Used to go in on Saturday Dinner to pick up my wages. Used to put some of my wages back behind the bar. Seemed to get drunk quicker at dinner times. Wierd really. Remember having to get permision to have a drink. The rules were, if you worked there you couldnt drink in there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived