Sheffield in the 70s

Michael_W

Can anybody remember Pippeys shop on a side road just off the moor. Think it was the bottom of the road where Coles is. Lots of hippyish things like ethnic clothing, joss sticks, Anne Summers type equipment ( if you get my drift), 'smoking equipment' etc.

It all sounds so run of the mill these days but it was very far out at the time.

What about The Raven on Fitzwilliam St? A brilliant pub which then became Hornblowers, a naff pub, then O'Hagans, a faux Irish pub even naffer and finally pulled down.

Anyone remember drinking in The Nottingham House when there was only room for about 15 people in total?

i used to work down the east end as a lad. Started work at the

old English steel on Saville st. this was in the year1956. it was

very busy then. i remember waiting for the tram to go home with

hundreds of more people but now its amost closed up.

does anyone remember the Elmambo coffee bar on Union st . This was through the Arcade from the Moor. Barney Goodman was top

of the Arcade. Also the Nelson Pub near the Horse troph and toilets down the moor.

Originally posted by Michael_W

Anyone remember Sheffield in the 70s, Yorkshire cricket at Bramall Lane, United in the First Division & Wednesday in the Third, buses on the Moor, Turnups nightclub at Nether Edge, The Fiesta, Top Rank, Steelworks in the East End, Cutlery and engineering firms ???????????

hello yes i remember all of that i use to work at the fiesta good job good tips :D

Originally posted by Michael_W

Went to all those places marie1951, Top Rank, Fiesta and Tiffanys and yes Mo I remember Pippys on Cambridge Street, never went in though :)

if you was in all them clubs i bet we met way back then :D8)

Originally posted by The Cycleracer

We used to have the rag man come round with a barrow shouting "any old rags". We used to get a balloon or a gold fish if we gave any to him.

I remember my mum asking if anybody had seen her new dress.

dare,nt tell her the rag man had just taken it .

Nice gold fish though.

lol thats funny i did the same thing with my dads coat to get that fish lol lived 2 years then he went down the tolet :D

Archived