I Love Sushi! Where Can I Eat In Sheffield?

sweetbabykid

on a separate note, i'm thinking about opening a shop in Sheffield selling sushi making ingredients and Japanese foods, like the stuff on my website. Do you think sheffield is a good spot for it?

Where would you guys think is a good place to open the sushi store?

I would have thought London Road would be a decent place. It was dubbed Sheffield's "China Town" at one point. I'd think you would be busier there and I imagine the rents and rates would be cheaper than in the centre.

wrong yes.

There are still only 2 sushi bars in Sheffield, wasabisabi on London Road and Sakushi on Campo Lane (see large Sakushi thread for details).

There's a third - East Ocean Cafe opposite Plug on Matilda Street.

They're all good, but I think I love Sakushi the best!

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed the Campo Lane sushi conveyor-type place the other day while I was walking past, a good development for Sheffield. I love those type of restaraunts. I hope it lasts, but looking at the menu it seemed a bit expensive, all those dishes can add up. I think I might wait until I get to Kuala Lumpur next month, a much better selection of dishes for only a quarter of the price. The conveyor-belt sushi restaraunts are also absolutely HUGE there, with room for well over a hundred diners.

whatever you eat, it's going to be cheaper in Malaysia! I thought it was pretty reasonable, prices started from £1.80 a dish, I suppose if you're on a budget you need to pick your dishes. Or you could make your own sushi using the ingredients and tools in our store (plug!)

• 2 months later...

Archived