Sports Mopeds Of The 70's

i had a raleigh runabout (that was old then ) after that a puch vs50 in yellow with 3 speed twist grip gears :hihi:

My dear old mum got me a new puch vz50 in yellow in december 73,was the dealer called 'Bentleys'?? I was'nt allowed out on it until the snow had gone.Many happy memories of the freedom that moped gave me,I thrashed it mercilessly!!!:)

My dear old mum got me a new puch vz50 in yellow in december 73,was the dealer called 'Bentleys'?? I was'nt allowed out on it until the snow had gone.Many happy memories of the freedom that moped gave me,I thrashed it mercilessly!!!:)

I tell a lie!! It was december 72.

i had a raleigh runabout (that was old then ) after that a puch vs50 in yellow with 3 speed twist grip gears :hihi:

Antithesis of performance ?

A friend had a mobylette ? moped , we used to take up to Tinsley Park woods on a Barrow ( to appease the Bobbies ) . we never bothered anyone , and nobody bothered us .

A fair group of lads got together , aged 12 - 15 , on various contraptions . riding in and out / doing the wall of death in the old " Bomb Craters "

( we later found out they were the remains of old Bell Pits - coal diggings )

The old scrapyard on Coleridge rd used to donate us scrap machines , and the odd gallon of juice . most of which we got running eventually.

One young guy had an old Triumph 350 sidevalve , with a handchange lever on the tank .

My buddies Moby had an external flywheel / generator , if you " slared " yer foot on it the engine stopped - what power !

All good fun.

Nowt wrong with a Raleigh Runabout, I had one AND a Puch Maxi :blush:

Me too.. i had a Raleigh Whisp.:gag:

Then went onto a Garelli Record. at the age of 17 i bought a Honda CB 200 from the place next to the picture house on Abbeydale rd (the name slips my mind)

HAPPY DAYS :hihi::hihi:

Archived