Sports Mopeds Of The 70's

Wow! how ever did we manage to live to this age? all that unbridled power!

I stuck with Yamaha's for years, moving on to an RD250 an RD400 then an LC250 and a couple of LC350s, the RD350LCs are my all time favorite bike, they were called 'litre beaters' and for good reason.

my first large(ish) bike was a Kwak GPZ600R and immediately knew i should have gone for the GPZ900 instead.

Can anyone remember Lewis Leathers at the top of the moor?

or Pippy's for second hand leather jackets.

Think all my mates had rd250 400. I had a load of YS/YD models as well loved um.This was my last excuse crapy pic and honda stickers did a bit of swapping around lol.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r180/terminator_020/yamahard250.jpg

your first day on the road on your 16th birthday, can you remember how much it cost for a gallon of petrol ?. mine was 44p a gallon.

can you remember the grades of petrol ? at the texaco in woodhouse mill they sold 2*,3*. 3*+, 4* and 5* plus a shot of redex !

your first day on the road on your 16th birthday, can you remember how much it cost for a gallon of petrol ?. mine was 44p a gallon.

can you remember the grades of petrol ? at the texaco in woodhouse mill they sold 2*,3*. 3*+, 4* and 5* plus a shot of redex !

Think about same 45 to 55p at a guess remember even having ration tickets one year around 1974 i think.

Archived