Anyone remember Gunstones

skippy

was there a subsidary of gunstones on either carwood rd or lyons st.

If my memory is correct it was Gillotts on Lyons Street. Their slogan was "anybody's butter but GILLOTTS bread" and we kids used to follow that by "take one bite and you fall down dead"

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi i used to work ther in the early 70s my name then was linda howard and my dad used to drive the bus in the mornings to take people to work there after doin the night shift his name was bill does anyone remember him also does anyone know the whereabouts of joan cross who also worked there with me on the jam tart line

• 2 weeks later...

I worked there during the summer through an agency when I was at college and then full time for about 7 months in 2003 when I finished uni whilst I was looking for work. Wasn't that bad, at least it was double time on a Sunday and the people were friendly.

I've actually had to re-apply for part-time work there recently, as I've been made redundant. It seems to be quite a palava getting back in though. You now have to do a maths and english test before they decide if you are even suitable for an interview. That's a bit demoralising when you've already worked there and have a degree.

Had my test last Thursday and still haven't heard anything which is quite worrying.

• 1 year later...

Archived