Anyone remember Gunstones

skippy

When I was a pupil at Pipworth Road Junior School in the 50's my class was taken there for a factory tour. I can't remember much about it except that we were each given a loaf of sliced white bread as a memento. I think i ate mine on the way home.

I worked there as a lad on the vans for a few months in the early 70's delivering bread around the Worksop and mansfield areas,they gave me the sack as I could never get to work on time you had to be there for 5 in the morning,the guy who used to be the driver was was a blonde haired guy who's last name was smith can not remember his first name think it mite have been Mick,he used to stop at a pub for his dinner and have a couple of pints and then stop on the way back home and have a couple of pints,can you imagine getting away with that now days,he used to have a load of stops on the way around visiting different lady friends,he used to sit in the van while I did all the running about,wonder what became of him.

• 2 weeks later...
yes on the shopping parade next to the hairdressers i think it's still a chipy now but a bit run down when I was last there, a young lad named craig fairbrother used to eye the potato's as a part time job

The one across from the pheasant pub or do you mean the shops on the corner of elm lane.

Tom it was on elm lane

Yes one is a Greek chip shop and the chips are:gag: the other one is a pizza shop,they are owned by the same people I think,you should come back and open a proper English fish and chip shop here we need it.

Archived