Anyone remember Gunstones

skippy

theres definatly a lot of history there , wonder if its haunted.

When i worked in the pudding room i was told of a boy of 18 years old died up there pastry fell on his chest when the rack toppled over we used to work up there 2to 10 on christmas puddings but never saw any thing :o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ernest and Walt were big mates and shared an allotment after retirement but are no longer with us. I have been married to ernests eldest daughter for 42 years. Ernests wife also worked at Gunstones on the twilight shift, they were great inlaws

• 4 months later...
I am still working there i have been there 26 years there are abot 800 people working there now on different shifts 24/7 a lot of agency workers some good some bad made a lot of friends and worked with a lot of people over the years some have left and some have died but i can still remember some of them

Linda Hector

Susan Bell

Darryl Longdon

Andy Haywood

Andy Laycock

peter rodgers

dave stamp

and many more still there:loopy:

I remember 3 of those names. I was there between 2002 and 2005. I seem to remember they went through loads of general managers.

I used to spend a lot of my time chatting to Norman in the security hut. He was a lovely gentleman.

I worked at gunstones as a van lad, then van driver,

1969/1972. i remember a John truelove who was a driver

i also remember driving to sheffield with a van full of pork

pies,unfortunatly the side door came undone as i turned

of queens road, and five trays launched themselves on

the road,

best time of the week was sat morning when all the lelf over

fresh cream cakes came up for grabs.

Charlie Firth

I remember their van coming round the Manor in the 50s, (brown and yellow paintwork?) They had tiers of shallow wooden drawers with all sorts of buns and stuff, I used to look on in envy as my mum and dad wouldn't buy from them as they said they were unhygenic. Whether they were or not I don't know and didn't care, all I wanted was to dive into those drawers!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived