Why Does Nobody Hate the Chinese Japanese and Jewish?

Someone's working on it!

Yeah, right, he doesn't know what it means... :rolleyes:

Greenweb, you cannot use Sheffield Forum as a litmus test of the city being more or less anything than any other city in the country. SF is unique. There are no other major cities with a forum as successful as this one, they just . If Birmingham Forum or Inverness Forum or Exeter forum had equivalent membership and posting rates, you could conceivably make a comparison. The loud and prejudiced contingents on here exist in every city, they're just not in the habit of posting their feelings on a regional website. Every late night radio phone in in the land features their views, however. Also, what goes on on your estate is not any more or less representative of Sheffield than what goes on on estates everywhere in the country. The only difference is your estate is up close. Get some perspective, please.

I have seen many criticisms of Sheffield, I've even made some myself. They're usually comments and observations that many other people make. but never have I seen Sheffield described as a racist city. It doesn't have that reputation, and to insist that it does is perverse and insulting.

You said sheffield was a racist city. Since the buildings and so on in a city can't be racist as they are inanimate you must mean the people. I live in sheffield therefore by extention you regard me as racist.

Either apologise, prove i'm a racist or retract your statement. until you do one of those thing i won't take this thread seriously and will treat you with the contempt you deserve on this thread.

I said Sheffield was well known for being a racist city, which you'd know if you've ever ventured out of Sheffield and lived or worked met people from other cities and tows.

As i've already said other cities are well known for other negatives such as Glasgow been well known for having more of a drug and knife crime problem, doesn't mean everyone from there is a drug crazed maniac wanting to knife you to death.

And why should i apoligise for something i've not done or you've imagined?

Hang on, you're the one been insulting to me by stating i need to get out more and all my ideas are completely warped without stating why, any logic, reasoning or facts. You then say you've read all of a members posts and state this is a good enough reason to form a opinion about someone you've never met, and to top it all off say that, i'm the one who needs to get out more!!, are you still sure you're not been insulting and judgemental?
That's how it looks - Hell hath no hypocrisy like, well, like certain women, shall we say!

As for the OP, the Jewish and Chinese communities are reputed for being hard working and to have settled and integrated (even integrated within their own enclaves, but not demanding special treatment).

They do not cause bother or concern for the indigenous population, and therefore do not generate ill feeling as certain other ethnic groups do and will continue to do.

Yeah, right, he doesn't know what it means... :rolleyes:

Greenweb, you cannot use Sheffield Forum as a litmus test of the city being more or less anything than any other city in the country. SF is unique. There are no other major cities with a forum as successful as this one, they just . If Birmingham Forum or Inverness Forum or Exeter forum had equivalent membership and posting rates, you could conceivably make a comparison. The loud and prejudiced contingents on here exist in every city, they're just not in the habit of posting their feelings on a regional website. Every late night radio phone in in the land features their views, however. Also, what goes on on your estate is not any more or less representative of Sheffield than what goes on on estates everywhere in the country. The only difference is your estate is up close. Get some perspective, please.

I have seen many criticisms of Sheffield, I've even made some myself. They're usually comments and observations that many other people make. but never have I seen Sheffield described as a racist city. It doesn't have that reputation, and to insist that it does is perverse and insulting.

The prejudice in Sheffield is more severe than most other places, the same as the gun culture and drug problem in citys like Manchester is more of a problem than what it is here. I suppose i'm now being perverse insulting and offensive to all the people in Manchester?

You tell me to get some perspective when Sheffield is the only city i and others have come across which has people judging people on whether they smoke or not !! Hardly the sign of a non judgemental place is it?

You tell me to get some perspective when Sheffield is the only city i and others have come across which has people judging people on whether they smoke or not !! Hardly the sign of a non judgemental place is it?

Piffle! People judge people by whether they smoke or not all over the country!

I said Sheffield was well known for being a racist city, which you'd know if you've ever ventured out of Sheffield and lived or worked met people from other cities and tows.

As i've already said other cities are well known for other negatives such as Glasgow been well known for having more of a drug and knife crime problem, doesn't mean everyone from there is a drug crazed maniac wanting to knife you to death.

You're not STILL on with this load of crap, are you?

Haven't you been ridiculed by enough people to make you think that, maybe, possibly, you are completely and utterly wrong?

Give it some thought before you post again.

Even Halibut's agreeing with me, and that's virtually unheard of! :D

StarSparkle

I have lived out of sheffield. I've lived in various places throughout the UK, i'm not some redneck from the sticks who knows nothing and i'm telling you nobody i've ever met has ever accused me of racism because of where i'm from. So in fact the onus is on you. Either apologise for implying i'm a racist. Provide some evidence to prove your utterly ridiculous, inaccurate and stupid claim or retract the statement.

YOu should apologise because you've called me and everybody else on the forum racist. You sir are the one in the wrong with your ill informed, badly thought out, clumsy, vile insinuations and until you do something to make it good I will continue to treat you with the contempt you deserve on this thread.

And how much time have you spent in Pitsmoor recently?

Has it been transplanted to the Hope valley while no-one was looking?

TBH I ain't spent any time in Pitsmoore apart from driving through it, I need it about as much as a whole in the head, which is likely there anyway.

Archived