Why Does Nobody Hate the Chinese Japanese and Jewish?

You're not STILL on with this load of crap, are you?

Haven't you been ridiculed by enough people to make you think that, maybe, possibly, you are completely and utterly wrong?

Give it some thought before you post again.

Even Halibut's agreeing with me, and that's virtually unheard of! :D

StarSparkle

Just who do you think you are?

And since when have i needed your approval to post on this forum? and why are you always saying i'm the one been insulting to people when i've not said anything even remotely offensive about you or anybody else? In fact, you're the one who's doing the insults, see posts 153 / 151

I have lived out of sheffield. I've lived in various places throughout the UK, i'm not some redneck from the sticks who knows nothing and i'm telling you nobody i've ever met has ever accused me of racism because of where i'm from. So in fact the onus is on you. Either apologise for implying i'm a racist. Provide some evidence to prove your utterly ridiculous, inaccurate and stupid claim or retract the statement.

YOu should apologise because you've called me and everybody else on the forum racist. You sir are the one in the wrong with your ill informed, badly thought out, clumsy, vile insinuations and until you do something to make it good I will continue to treat you with the contempt you deserve on this thread.

Now you're just been silly and trying to twist everything, i've never said everyone on SF is a racist, i said this city is well know for been racist and the forum has plenty of posts and attitudes which reflects this. If anything, shouldn't it be me treating you with contempt for slander, lies and been obnoxious?

It just is and has always has een as far as i and everyone else knows, it's just like radford is commonly known for having a large Pakistani community or Glasgow een known for having a knife culture and drug addicts.

Has the _B_ key broken on your keyboard

I said Sheffield was well known for being a racist city, which you'd know if you've ever ventured out of Sheffield and lived or worked met people from other cities and tows.

As i've already said other cities are well known for other negatives such as Glasgow been well known for having more of a drug and knife crime problem, doesn't mean everyone from there is a drug crazed maniac wanting to knife you to death.

And why should i apoligise for something i've not done or you've imagined?

Hello. Can anyone join in here?

I mostly work outside Sheffield. I work in most major towns and cities across England, Wales and Scotland. I have, frankly, never heard anyone refer to Sheffield as a "known" racist city. Generally, whenever I mention where I live, people refer to a number of obvious references - The Full Monty, the football clubs, steel and coal, etc. You are, to be honest, the first person I have ever encountered who has claimed that Sheffield is "known" as being racist.

Given that the internet means that most opinions are now posted online somewhere, I wonder if you could provide a link to anywhere where someone might back up your views?

Libuse/Discodon and others.

First of all you've got ot consider anecdotla evidence, can anyone on here provide concrete evidence that Essex is well known for slappers or scousers have a reputation for theiving? Now this doesn't mean i'm saying everyone lass in Essex is a money grabbing slapper or every scouser is a theif, or does it? i'm simply saying what these regions have a reputation for. Now these stereotypes may or may not be true, but how do stereotypes originate stay in the first place if there's no truth in them?

now before myself and others moved to Sheffield we was well aware that many of the small citys in Yorkshire are well known for been terrortorial and having hatred towards people who aren't native to that region. Now i like Sheffield and think it's a great city and there are undeniably many great benefits to living here, but like many places it does have its problems, and some of these problems are more prelevant in some regions than others.

Now racism is undeniably more of a problem in Sheffied than most other cities, I've lived in many parts of Sheffield such as Lowedges, Beighton, Shiregreen, Manor, Gleadless and Parson Cross, and myself and others have found many people to be very vocal about how much hatred they have towards certain groups of people, who they consider to be different from them such as Muslims, smokers, students, Somalians and so on.

This forum also reflects this with its many supporters for the BNP and 1000's of judgemental posts, also just have a look around you and you'll see the local Chavs hanging around shops regular writing BNP grafitti on the shops, intimidating and robbing asian shop keepers, now these type of attitudes and incidents will happen in many other cities similar size to Sheffield but not as regular, and only on maybe one or two estates at the most and do not have the support for the BNP like Sheffield has.

Now to suggest Sheffield doesn't have much of a racism problem, especially on this forum!, is a little silly, next you'll be telling me Hitler tried to help the Jews!!

Now you're just been silly and trying to twist everything, i've never said everyone on SF is a racist, i said this city is well know for been racist and the forum has plenty of posts and attitudes which reflects this. If anything, shouldn't it be me treating you with contempt for slander, lies and been obnoxious?

I've lived in Sheffield for 4 years having moved from London. I can't say that I've noticed and difference between Sheffield and the rest of the UK in terms of racism.

I've also never even heard it implied that Sheffield was a racist city? :huh: Don't know where you get that from!

Libuse/Discodon and others.

First of all you've got ot consider anecdotla evidence, can anyone on here provide concrete evidence that Essex is well known for slappers or scousers have a reputation for theiving? Now this doesn't mean i'm saying everyone lass in Essex is a money grabbing slapper or every scouser is a theif, or does it? i'm simply saying what these regions have a reputation for. Now these stereotypes may or may not be true, but how do stereotypes originate stay in the first place if there's no truth in them?

now before myself and others moved to Sheffield we was well aware that many of the small citys in Yorkshire are well known for been terrortorial and having hatred towards people who aren't native to that region. Now i like Sheffield and think it's a great city and there are undeniably many great benefits to living here, but like many places it does have its problems, and some of these problems are more prelevant in some regions than others.

Now racism is undeniably more of a problem in Sheffied than most other cities, I've lived in many parts of Sheffield such as Lowedges, Beighton, Shiregreen, Manor, Gleadless and Parson Cross, and myself and others have found many people to be very vocal about how much hatred they have towards certain groups of people, who they consider to be different from them such as Muslims, smokers, students, Somalians and so on.

This forum also reflects this with its many supporters for the BNP and 1000's of judgemental posts, also just have a look around you and you'll see the local Chavs hanging around shops regular writing BNP grafitti on the shops, intimidating and robbing asian shop keepers, now these type of attitudes and incidents will happen in many other cities similar size to Sheffield but not as regular, and only on maybe one or two estates at the most and do not have the support for the BNP like Sheffield has.

Now to suggest Sheffield doesn't have much of a racism problem, especially on this forum!, is a little silly, next you'll be telling me Hitler tried to help the Jews!!

What a load of tosh! My jaw has dropped, you talk such unbelievable rubbish. Which extreme Left faction are you a member of? How dare you libel Sheffield Forum like this?

You ARE a troll - kindly stop trolling this Forum and bog off

StarSparkle

GreenWeb, this bizarre fixation you have that Sheffield is unique in containing racist people, and that it's widely notorious for it, has gone way beyond preposterous. What you describe in your post above happens everywhere, in every town and city in the land. There is nothing whatsoever remarkable that it happens here too, and to imply that it's a local speciality is utter rubbish.

Stop using the forum as a benchmark. It's misleading and you cannot compare other cities for not having threads and posts like those to be found on SF. Other cities don't have a website like SF so it's a stupid comparison.

SF does not represent just local people either. Isn't it obvious from all the posts from people who grew up, lived or worked elsewhere that your claim that Sheffield has a reputation for racism is completely unfounded. Nobody else has ever heard what you claim is a common judgment. Please find ONE example from online media stories, blogs or wherever you can find a link, that states that Sheffield is well known around the country as 'A Racist City'. I think you'll find the only example google will find for you is your own OP. :roll:

Archived