Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

Some of the traders on Sharrowvale asked for it as part of the consultation when the original scheme was put in, but there wasn't any consensus among the traders and the decision makers decided not to progress it.

But they have 'pregressed' it now, and have implemented exactly the scheme as was put to them by at least one Ecclesall Road trader.

Did the Sharrowvale traders reach consensus in the end then? Or did the council do this without their broad agreement?

But they have 'pregressed' it now, and have implemented exactly the scheme as was put to them by at least one Ecclesall Road trader.

Did the Sharrowvale traders reach consensus in the end then? Or did the council do this without their broad agreement?

Well, one trader is hardly a consensus that it's needed on Ecclesal Rd. I spoke to Ecclesal Rd traders before the scheme was implemented and they weren't pushing for anything like that.

I recall reading that quite a number of traders on Sharrowvale had asked the Councl to implement it this time. There's also a different administration in charge now, who may have differing views to the previous one.

Well, one trader is hardly a consensus that it's needed on Ecclesal Rd. I spoke to Ecclesal Rd traders before the scheme was implemented and they weren't pushing for anything like that.

I recall reading that quite a number of traders on Sharrowvale had asked the Councl to implement it this time. There's also a different administration in charge now, who may have differing views to the previous one.

And how does one demonstrate to the council that there is a consensus? Whenever I have tried to speak to the council you just end up being passed around the phone system, and no-one is quite sure who is best placed to help - or they don't want to.

What is the best way to communicate with the planning department, and to actually get anything done?

And how does one demonstrate to the council that there is a consensus? Whenever I have tried to speak to the council you just end up being passed around the phone system, and no-one is quite sure who is best placed to help - or they don't want to.

What is the best way to communicate with the planning department, and to actually get anything done?

By the majority of affected people saying that's what they want. In my view it carries more weight if people write / email in individually, but some prefer to raise petitions. It could also be done via a representative group, either a local group or the chamber of commerce etc.

For general contact, email is often best: firstpoint@sheffield.gov.uk

If it's specifically about the review of this scheme the telephone number is: (0114) 273 6158 email: Traffic_Regs@sheffield.gov.uk

If you don't get anywhere, PM me and I'll find out who is dealing with it and let you have direct contact details.

By the majority of affected people saying that's what they want. In my view it carries more weight if people write / email in individually, but some prefer to raise petitions. It could also be done via a representative group, either a local group or the chamber of commerce etc.

For general contact, email is often best: firstpoint@sheffield.gov.uk

If it's specifically about the review of this scheme the telephone number is: (0114) 273 6158 email: Traffic_Regs@sheffield.gov.uk

If you don't get anywhere, PM me and I'll find out who is dealing with it and let you have direct contact details.

Cheers - sad that 'a good idea' is only considered if lots of people suggest it - one needs to have a good idea and lots of contacts to get anything done it seems.

Why aren't proposals assessed on merit alone, do you know?

And if you can find out what the criteria are for the free parking trial, the timescale, and the number of traders who asked for it, I'd be very grateful.

So they expect you to pay higher business rates and then pay extra for private services to do what you have usualy pay your rates for!!??:confused:

We've never had a bin. Our £1000 a month or so pays for, er, no-one can tell me. The council says they collect in on behalf of the government, so they don't spend it at all, forgetting that the government gives it them back. I guess a fair percentage of the money goes on wages for people to move it about.

We don't even have a level pavement.

Archived