Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

Think is I met 5 (five) council officials last Janaury - they all travelled to see me in a car with a driver, despite me suggesting that it'd be much cheaper for all concerned if I just met them at the town hall. I put my ideas to them then - ideas they have since implemented in only one part of the scheme. I have since had other meetings with Councillors at the town hall where senior councillors have said that they agreed with everything I said, and nothing has been done. I don't think ringing them up will have much impact really. At the end of the day, I don't live in Sheffield, so I don't get a vote, so they don't care. They just take £1,000 off me each month.

Is there any provision in a new parking scheme for people like me who have use of many different cars from work, given that the permits are based on your registration number?

Lots of visitor permits.

Is there any provision in a new parking scheme for people like me who have use of many different cars from work, given that the permits are based on your registration number?

Business permits are not linked to a specific car - but are twice the price. Might be worth asking if you can have one of those instead?

How much are we talking for a business permit? or even a regular permit? It does go through me a little that i will have to pay to park outside my own house, when i didnt even want this scheme to come in....

Business permits are twice the price of residents permits, for reasons the council will not divulge. Something to do with the business contributing up to 20 times more per square foot in rates than residents do it council tax probably.

The price of permits is set by the process known as 'think of a number' - they were £35 residents / £70 business (from memory) but now they are £10 residents / £20 business I think.

How much are we talking for a business permit? or even a regular permit? It does go through me a little that i will have to pay to park outside my own house, when i didnt even want this scheme to come in....

This page will tell you what you need to know: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/parking/permit-parking/parking-permit-application

Business permits are twice the price of residents permits, for reasons the council will not divulge. Something to do with the business contributing up to 20 times more per square foot in rates than residents do it council tax probably.

May be something to do with the fact that businesses are there to make a profit, the residents just happen to live there. Or, you could consider that most of the permit schemes are there to discourage commuters, some of whom work at these businesses. Price is a significant factor in people's travel choices.

Archived