Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

Also, we need to remind all the moaners that, a democratic process did take place. A vote was cast, we noted the results and then implemented it any way.

Its called democracy.

There was no vote. So there was no democracy.

Though some people seem to believe any one not responding to a misleading survey is a 'vote for' scheme as opposed to an abstainer.

I say, one has to say.

Why does one need more than one car per house hold? seems rather bizarre to me.

Its called democracy.

Why is this bizarre? Virtually every 2 parent family I know has 2 cars. If we only had 1 my kids wouldn't be able to do any after school activites & going to their friends' houses for play dates would be far more difficult if I had to either walk or schlep about on PT.

Why is this bizarre? Virtually every 2 parent family I know has 2 cars. If we only had 1 my kids wouldn't be able to do any after school activites & going to their friends' houses for play dates would be far more difficult if I had to either walk or schlep about on PT.

How old are your kids?

What is strange about having 2 cars?

Well correct me if I'm worng, but do most cars have the capacity to seat 4 people?

So if you live in a household where there are 2 of you, then surely your car has enough seats/room to fit the 2 of you.

So I'll ask again? why does a house with less than 4 people living in it, need more than 1 car?

Well correct me if I'm worng, but do most cars have the capacity to seat 4 people?

So if you live in a household where there are 2 of you, then surely your car has enough seats/room to fit the 2 of you.

So I'll ask again? why does a house with less than 4 people living in it, need more than 1 car?

Because the people in the house aren't joined at the hip and need to be different places at different times? Doesn't exactly sound far fetched to me.

This seems like a very odd question to me. I am not a Stepford wife - me and my husband do different things at different times. He works full-time in Leeds on an industrial estate with no public transport access so drives, frequently works late, travels a lot & is often away, in the meantime I have 2 young children who do loads of after school stuff and big family shops to do, plus I live not within walking distance or direct bus route to my gym and most of my friends.

Are you just trying at act stupid or is it your natural state? To assume families or even couples should be able to operate with a single car under all circumstances just because you do is prety dumb. Get down off your horse.

This seems like a very odd question to me. I am not a Stepford wife - me and my husband do different things at different times. He works full-time in Leeds on an industrial estate with no public transport access so drives, frequently works late, travels a lot & is often away, in the meantime I have 2 young children who do loads of after school stuff and big family shops to do, plus I live not within walking distance or direct bus route to my gym and most of my friends.

My God! You need another car.

Archived