Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

I have managed to find out from the council that application forms for second permits are being posted out in the next few days to all of those people who ticked the box on the original application, to say they would like to apply for a second permit.

BTW Thetawaves - whatever the rights and wrongs with regard to the Council sending out letters etc - (and from the information provided by Planner1, they seem to have done plenty of consultation), (and yes we know it is not a ballot) your landlord as sure as eggs are eggs, knew about the scheme. He should have told you when you expressed initial interest in taking the tenancy. Of course it wouldn't be in his interest to put you off, would it?

According to the council, the scheme would have made the residences more attractive and wouldn't have affected the value in any way.

According to the council, the scheme would have made the residences more attractive and wouldn't have affected the value in any way.

The value of multiple occupancy properties is only going to effect a landlords bank balance when selling a property. My heart bleeds.

People owning and living in their own property should see an increase in desirability. Being able to park a car near your home is a great advantage.

Put her off? But surely according to all its supporters on this thread, the parking scheme is a wholly desirable innovation and should make houses more attractive to live in and so on. Or are you now saying that may not be the case?

For families with two cars, information that initially only one permit per household was guaranteed and there may or may not be an opportunity to obtain a second permit would be seen as negative. What I was saying was that landlords may have been reluctant to share this information with potential tenants.

In general the scheme would be seen as positive for local residents - especially now that second permit applications are being invited.

Obviously there are around 25 people who have contributed to this thread who take a different view and they are of course entitled to their opinons - but again they are 25 people out of 6700 households.

If you assume that Forum membership is equally likely for those for and against the scheme, it would appear that those against rather outnumber those for. Except now you're going to say that only those who are against it will post about it, so the other however-many-thousand forum members must be all in favour of it.

Why have we never actually been given the figures of the number of people who voted for the scheme...?

Once and for all - it was NEVER a vote or a ballot.

Perhaps Planner1 would be able to clarify here, but my understanding is that public consultation works like this: -

The Council send out details of the proposals and there is an opportuntiy for those consulted to object to the proposals, giving their reasons, or to make any alternative suggestions. The objections / suggestions are then considered by the relevant Board / Committee or whatever, and then the proposals are finalised and implemented. In this case quite a few amendments have been made following objections / suggestions by various people, so that part of the process seems to have worked.

As others have stated it will never be possible to satisfy everyone's individual requirements.

The value of multiple occupancy properties is only going to effect a landlords bank balance when selling a property. My heart bleeds.

People owning and living in their own property should see an increase in desirability. Being able to park a car near your home is a great advantage.

So if you are renting, you should not expect a parking space?

Yet the accepted view is that the influx of students & associated staff bring great benefits to the Sheffield economy.

Granma

I think the point is that a HIMO, possibly a terrace can have many occupants but only street space in front for 1 car. I guess that the practicalities have to be taken into consideration which is why all properties have the chance for an equal number of permits... ie 1 (sometimes 2).

It's no secret, so if you want to share a terrace with 5 people and 6 cars then perhaps you should look to live elsewhere?

Once and for all - it was NEVER a vote or a ballot.

Perhaps Planner1 would be able to clarify here, but my understanding is that public consultation works like this: -

The Council send out details of the proposals and there is an opportuntiy for those consulted to object to the proposals, giving their reasons, or to make any alternative suggestions. The objections / suggestions are then considered by the relevant Board / Committee or whatever, and then the proposals are finalised and implemented. In this case quite a few amendments have been made following objections / suggestions by various people, so that part of the process seems to have worked.

As others have stated it will never be possible to satisfy everyone's individual requirements.

Ok, how many people actually expressed a wish for the scheme?

Therefore how much notice did the CONsultation take of the residents' wishes?

You keep asking this question and the answer is always the same, so one more time in case somebody missed it... ;)

If you like what is being proposed there's little point in commenting.

If you don't like what is being proposed you may feel a need to comment.

Archived