Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

You keep asking this question and the answer is always the same, so one more time in case somebody missed it... ;)

If you like what is being proposed there's little point in commenting.

If you don't like what is being proposed you may feel a need to comment.

You are missing something here Tony - there has never been an answer given, and yet the scheme was introduced because 'so many people wanted it'. So far 'so many' amounts to a big fat ZERO.

Yet more council lies...

So if you are renting, you should not expect a parking space?

Yet the accepted view is that the influx of students & associated staff bring great benefits to the Sheffield economy.

Granma

Yes you should, at least one maybe two if space is adequate.

..... just like all the other residents - owner occupiers or tenants.

That's what makes the scheme work, it gives the same opportunity to ALL properties.

You keep asking this question and the answer is always the same, so one more time in case somebody missed it... ;)

If you like what is being proposed there's little point in commenting.

If you don't like what is being proposed you may feel a need to comment.

I admire your tenacity.

But quite apart from that.......

I spoke to a shopkeeper in Sharrow Vale on Friday who had not opposed, but was unsure about the benefit of scheme and feared a downturn in trade as a result. Apparently she is now seeing the positive side of controlled parking both for herself and her potential customers. She can park...customers can park.

I also called to a shop on Eccleshall Road where I easily found a parking space, paid the 20p for one hours parking, made my purchases and had a coffee before continuing my journey. A week or so ago I would have driven past the row of bumper to bumper commuter cars and continued (along with my wallet) without even trying to stop!

It's interesting to see what happens when people give seemingly adverse change a chance to bed in a little.

The same opportunity to pay an extra tax, and the same opportunity to contest for one of the reduced number of bays, that is :D

"It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them...." ..... I've never seen a more appropriate signature! - well done. :D

Your experience seems to be a repeat of Broomhill. I spend a lot of time in both Broomhill and Sharrowvale / Ecclesall Road and I'm finding it much easier to get things done these days.

Obviously other people may have a different experience if they want to leave their car and then walk / catch the bus to work.

I admire your tenacity.

But quite apart from that.......

I spoke to a shopkeeper in Sharrow Vale on Friday who had not opposed, but was unsure about the benefit of scheme and feared a downturn in trade as a result. Apparently she is now seeing the positive side of controlled parking both for herself and her potential customers. She can park...customers can park.

I also called to a shop on Eccleshall Road where I easily found a parking space, paid the 20p for one hours parking, made my purchases and had a coffee before continuing my journey. A week or so ago I would have driven past the row of bumper to bumper commuter cars and continued (along with my wallet) without even trying to stop!

It's interesting to see what happens when people give seemingly adverse change a chance to bed in a little.

Eccleshall Road? where's that?

I too spoke to a shopkeeper who has a premises on Sharrowvale. They travel to work by motorbike - guess what - no motorcycle parking provision, so they now have to park outside the area and walk.Also they are now seeing people stopping to buy what they need, and not window shopping to the same extent as they were before.

Has anyone noticed how many residences are now up for sale? Surely a glut on the market will drive values down. - reminds me of Broomhill where more shops are now standing empty then previously.

Interesting that ppz_resident paid for parking when their parking permit should have covered the parking... Now they are paying twice for what used to be free.

Obviously other people may have a different experience if they want to leave their car and then walk / catch the bus to work.

Or live there in a house with no driveway, but 2 cars...

If only we had your lifestyle... a car and a driveway...

Anybody who owns their own house in Sharrowvale can afford a house with a drive if they so desire.

As for Broomhill... more empty shops? I think not. You've mentioned this one before and I think that we managed to establish that it wasn't true. Please don't scaremonger people about house prices either.

Moving it on a little, how did you got on with the discussions with your MP?

As for Broomhill... more empty shops? I think not. You've mentioned this one before and I think that we managed to establish that it wasn't true. Please don't scaremonger people about house prices either.

I don't recall establishing this - please provide the details again...

I recall you saying it wasn't true - but that's your opinion...

Archived