Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

i got a ticket saturday afternoon for parking outside my friends house on croydon street. ive been visiting this friend for 3 years and ahve always parked outside there. i was not aware this was a permit holder only area. how can i appeal the PCN??

You cannot complain or appeal to the National Parking Adjudication Service (which is the above website), until you have made Formal representatiosn to the local authority which issued the Penalty Charge notcie in the first place. if they reject your representations, they will send you a form to complete to send to the Adjudication Service.

just seen this post ... i'll see what they say

how bad is that tho getting a parking fine at the weekend??

what are visitors to the area supposed to do??

the whole idea is ridiculous. especially seeing as no one bothers to ticket the hundreds of cars in the area on match days!!!!

i got a ticket saturday afternoon for parking outside my friends house on croydon street. ive been visiting this friend for 3 years and ahve always parked outside there. i was not aware this was a permit holder only area. how can i appeal the PCN??

Well your friend really ought to have mentioned it and offered you a visitor's permit, that's what I do whenever anyone visits, the first thing I do is ask them where they are parked.

Well your friend really ought to have mentioned it and offered you a visitor's permit, that's what I do whenever anyone visits, the first thing I do is ask them where they are parked.

where do you get them from? how much are they?

ive just mentioned it to him and he said 'oh well we'll have to get some' why o why did he not say anything before. durr!

ive just mentioned it to him and he said 'oh well we'll have to get some' why o why did he not say anything before. durr!

If your friend's been there for three years there's no excuse for him not to know what's been happening. Appealing will get you nowhere in that case.

Visitors' permits are £5 for a pack of 25.

just seen this post ... i'll see what they say

how bad is that tho getting a parking fine at the weekend??

what are visitors to the area supposed to do??

the whole idea is ridiculous. especially seeing as no one bothers to ticket the hundreds of cars in the area on match days!!!!

So what makes you think that parking restrictions don't apply on Saturdays? The bottom line is - its the DRIVER'S responsibility to look out for the signs and lines which spell out parking regulations and to comply with them.

How difficult is it to get out of your car when you've parked it and have a quick look for the signs. (not just in the resident parking area - but every time you park your car on a street).

To avoid getting further tickets, I recommend that you have a look at this page of information on the council website: -

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads-and-transport/parking/fines/signs-and-lines

The exact sign for "permit holders only" isn't actually there but its similar to the one second down on the left hand side (white "P" on blue background).

Well even if your friend doesn't have a car I'm surprised they didn't know about the scheme. You get them from the council. Are there any pay & display machines on the road? Some roads don't have any.

Well even if your friend doesn't have a car I'm surprised they didn't know about the scheme. You get them from the council. Are there any pay & display machines on the road? Some roads don't have any.

he's gonna get some of the visitors passes now ... too late for me tho :(

there aren't any machines on the street otherwise i would have noticed them and paid like £1 for 5 hours or whatever it is, summat well cheap anyway!

it was night time when i arrived at his house so didn't see any of the signs.

oh well, its my own fault for not checking i suppose ... even tho i didn't know it was a permit only area

Two Points:

1. How long are you given to fetch a visitor's pass from your host?

A friend parked, went into the house he was visiting, and in that time was caught by a warden!

2. Do wardens contact the police when a number of tickets have been attached to a car which has not moved in a week?

Granma.

Sorry to harp on with this question

It just hasnt been answered despite being asked a whole lot of times

If this scheme is to get rid of commuters why is it active on Saturdays?

Or is it not anti commuter at all and has it been brought in for another reason?

Deepak

Archived