Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

As do we, not just bulldozed with stats, resident parking schemes are just money spinning schemes, they do NOT actually solve any car problems, and i would challenge you to show concrete evidence to us that shows it does help and why it helps

So how can you back up your contention about it being just a money making scheme?

You only need to look a the Area Board review report to see the benefit, the highest number of people who responded though that the scheme had produced an improvement.

I've seen a good number of posts on the Forum, on various threads, saying that it is easier to find a parking space after a pay & display scheme has been introduced.

Isn't availability of parking spaces a "car problem"?

So how can you back up your contention about it being just a money making scheme?

You only need to look a the Area Board review report to see the benefit, the highest number of people who responded though that the scheme had produced an improvement.

I've seen a good number of posts on the Forum, on various threads, saying that it is easier to find a parking space after a pay & display scheme has been introduced.

Isn't availability of parking spaces a "car problem"?

I see that you have completely sidestepped the question i asked, so i will ask it once more

"i would challenge you to show concrete evidence to us that shows it does help and why it helps"

I see that you have completely sidestepped the question i asked, so i will ask it once more

"i would challenge you to show concrete evidence to us that shows it does help and why it helps"

And you aren't responding to my challenge:

"So how can you back up your contention about it being just a money making scheme?"

So we are at an impasse aren't we?

So 1 of the 2 of you would have to respond first - I suggest you do it Planner1 :)

As I said in post #817, availability of parking is a "car problem"

On Ecclesall Road and Sharrow Vale Road, people now can't park all day and wander off into town or to work like they used to. Those spaces are time limited and are enforced, so there are now far more parking opportunities for visitors than there were before.

That's a fact and is a positive benefit for visitors.

I asked for concrete proof, not your version of the events, who for example decided to charge people £35 odd a year to park outside their own house, and all these people who used to park, where exactly have they gone now??

What is concrete proof of the success of a residents parking scheme?

There are a now large number of permit only bays, where commuters can't park. Far fewer commuters park in that area. Indisputable, concrete facts.

Go and have a look on Ecclesall Road and see the time limited parking bays. It was free all-day parking out of clearway times before and people used to complain that it was clogged with commuters. Now they say they can always get a space. Proven positive benefit.

You don't get charged £35, it's £36 and it's not to park outside your house, it's within the scheme area.

Your Councillors approved it.

And have you got more than 6% post scheme approval rate from the people who live there (and yes i am 1) that would be positive proof, and i will ask again, where have all these cars gone that cannot park in the area, do you actually know?, or is it a case as i suspect, that you don't really care as it wasn't the primary reason for this schemem in the first place

As I said in post #817, availability of parking is a "car problem"

On Ecclesall Road and Sharrow Vale Road, people now can't park all day and wander off into town or to work like they used to. Those spaces are time limited and are enforced, so there are now far more parking opportunities for visitors than there were before.

That's a fact and is a positive benefit for visitors.

Fine for visitors, but what about the residents?

I mean 8.00 until 6.30...

That is keeping people without permits (who live there) out of their homes for longer than is necessary. 10.00 until 12.00 and 2.00 until 4.00 would have been much better for the residents.

What is concrete proof of the success of a residents parking scheme?

There are a now large number of permit only bays, where commuters can't park. Far fewer commuters park in that area. Indisputable, concrete facts.

Go and have a look on Ecclesall Road and see the time limited parking bays. It was free all-day parking out of clearway times before and people used to complain that it was clogged with commuters. Now they say they can always get a space. Proven positive benefit.

You don't get charged £35, it's £36 and it's not to park outside your house, it's within the scheme area.

Your Councillors approved it.

This is proof of the permit scheme's success in displacing the commuters, not the success of the resident's scheme.

Archived