Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

I see that you have completely sidestepped the question i asked, so i will ask it once more

"i would challenge you to show concrete evidence to us that shows it does help and why it helps"

thats all he ever does. you never get a straight answer,only quotes straight from the council handbook

I asked for concrete proof, not your version of the events, who for example decided to charge people £35 odd a year to park outside their own house, and all these people who used to park, where exactly have they gone now??

ill answer that . its called legalised theft by the council charging people to park outside their own home .motorists are taxed to death just for being on the road ,but our lovely council think its ok to squeeze more our of us . anyway who decided it was right to give buses prioroty over cars? some numpty in government i expect.

This is proof of the permit scheme's success in displacing the commuters, not the success of the resident's scheme.

"YOUR COUNCIL HAS APPROVED IT" -that speaks for itself . the words drinking session and brewery spring to mind as far as sheffield council is concerned ,no matter which party have their noses in the trough at the time

Errrr YES, in any vote, only the people that vote can be counted, just because they didn't respond does NOT mean that they are in favour, thats figure manipulation at best, and dishonest at worst!!!

Surely if people are not happy with a scheme they should get off their backsides and fill in the survey.They can't be that bothered .It is usually the people who are against something that turn up to meetings or write letters.I am sure that Planner 1 would confirm that the planning dept rarely get letters of support for a scheme only those against it.

ill answer that . its called legalised theft by the council charging people to park outside their own home .motorists are taxed to death just for being on the road ,but our lovely council think its ok to squeeze more our of us . anyway who decided it was right to give buses prioroty over cars? some numpty in government i expect.

According to Transport 2000 (now The Campaign for Better transport), the cost of using public transport has risen far more than the cost of private motoring. So you could say, it's the bus user who is getting the raw deal.

I suspect it was someone with a basic knowledge of maths that decided to give buses priority over cars. As congestion is a major problem,it makes sense.One bus could take many cars of the road.I think even you would agree that it is not possible to get a quart into a pint pot.Therefore to avoid a nasty spillage one needs to reduce the amount of liquid.

According to Transport 2000 (now The Campaign for Better transport), the cost of using public transport has risen far more than the cost of private motoring. So you could say, it's the bus user who is getting the raw deal.

I suspect it was someone with a basic knowledge of maths that decided to give buses priority over cars. As congestion is a major problem,it makes sense.One bus could take many cars of the road.I think even you would agree that it is not possible to get a quart into a pint pot.Therefore to avoid a nasty spillage one needs to reduce the amount of liquid.

Or get a bigger pot...

when will the council and government realise that they will never get people out of their cars-its as simple as that

so all these people who cannot afford a car and its running costs are getting stung anyway with massive price rises, tax em in the car, on the bus's, ohhh we will tax em again, park??, more money please, drive, thats more please, pretty well sums it up really, and yes a lot of this is from central goverment but the parking scheme money doesn't go to goverment, so where does that money go, and how is it spent on improvements to the transport infrastructure, i would be REALLY interested to see what reply i get from Planner1

so all these people who cannot afford a car and its running costs are getting stung anyway with massive price rises, tax em in the car, on the bus's, ohhh we will tax em again, park??, more money please, drive, thats more please, pretty well sums it up really, and yes a lot of this is from central goverment but the parking scheme money doesn't go to goverment, so where does that money go, and how is it spent on improvements to the transport infrastructure, i would be REALLY interested to see what reply i get from Planner1

after he has consulted the council handbook ,im sure he will quote us some tedious statement about the need to tax cars off the road and how all drivers are selfish pondlife:D

Archived