Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

Mr Herron and others bandy the word "illegal" about a lot, often completely out of context.

Quite apart from the fact that they win an auful lot of their cases, so perhaps they might just know what they are on about...hows about that for a disturbing thought??

By your sinage they are taxi's and private hire vehicles, so either they are cars' or they are not, you cannot have it both ways :loopy:

so basically its ok for everything and every one to user bus lanes apart from the good old taxed to death motorist. i find your defence of the council very amusing old chap . i would love to know how deeply you were really involved with the council in the past

Quite apart from the fact that they win an auful lot of their cases, so perhaps they might just know what they are on about...hows about that for a disturbing thought??

Well. they have a copy of the signing and lining regulations and they have plenty of time to go around checking things. There are so many signs, lines and traffic regulations out there that there are always going to be odd irregularities that they will eventually find.

Well. they have a copy of the signing and lining regulations and they have plenty of time to go around checking things. There are so many signs, lines and traffic regulations out there that there are always going to be odd irregularities that they will eventually find.

that is another thing .why are there so many signs ? there is no need for 80% of them at all . more money wasted

so basically its ok for everything and every one to user bus lanes apart from the good old taxed to death motorist. i find your defence of the council very amusing old chap . i would love to know how deeply you were really involved with the council in the past

I worked for your Council for 17 years, in Urban Traffic Control and Transport Planning.

Before that I worked for the County Council and was involved in designing and building many of the roads you drive around on every day.

Perhaps if the council did a proper job in the first place and not just ride roughshod over the motorist then they would have no reason to be bothered, but nope, thats sensible, and we all know that "the council" and "sensible" are words that should never be used in the same sentence :hihi::hihi:

that is another thing .why are there so many signs ? there is no need for 80% of them at all . more money wasted

They are there because the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) say they must be. Essentially, that's what the Government tell us we must use and where we must put them.

I worked for your Council for 17 years, in Urban Traffic Control and Transport Planning.

Before that I worked for the County Council and was involved in designing and building many of the roads you drive around on every day.

Well your blind faith in the council is commendable, shame that you don't take any notice of the people who actually PAY your wages tho

Well your blind faith in the council is commendable, shame that you don't take any notice of the people who actually PAY your wages tho

dont be silly . its like asking MP"s to work on behalf of the people who voted them in . once they get their snout in the council trough all they do is line their own pockets and look after no 1

Archived