Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

According to the surveys etc, the vast majority of the people that live there benefit as they *can* now park outside their home.

actually enjoy paying the council to park outside their house ? i very much doubt it ,and if you believe that they do ,you are as deluded as your mate the planner!

actually enjoy paying the council to park outside their house ?
Not quite sure how you manage to deduce that from my post. Deluded perhaps.

I doubt very much they enjoy paying to park. but they must consider it value for money, even previous comments here say so. and it's certainly cheaper than parking in town as you know. but these aren't residents schemes - that's not the main reason they were implemented. that's something I have an issue with (i moved partly to escape one!). if they were for residents they should be very different.

I support him fact

we all want a free flowing road network ,but this will never happen when its stacked firmly in favour of buses. here we have a bus service we ALL have to subsidise weather we want it or not. its no different to the TV licence-its demanding money with menaces. where i live you regular see 2 or 3 buses following each other and they are all empty. 2 different companys running very simular routes . this is barmy in anyones eyes.these buses cause the main road in high green to become clogged up and cause tailbacks,and we are paying for these buses to run around empty.

Bigger picture time again. They can't be empty the whole way along the route though or they'd not make any money and hence wouldn't run. And anyone who is vehemently pro-car but anti-bus hasn't really thought it through. More people on buses equals less cars on roads equals less jams for those who are pro-car. It's a nonsensical viewpoint for a car-lover to be anti-bus.

Bigger picture time again. They can't be empty the whole way along the route though or they'd not make any money and hence wouldn't run. And anyone who is vehemently pro-car but anti-bus hasn't really thought it through. More people on buses equals less cars on roads equals less jams for those who are pro-car. It's a nonsensical viewpoint for a car-lover to be anti-bus.

car lovers are anti bus because the council bends over backwards to make life as easy as poss for buses at the same time as making it as difficult as possible for cars.

More people on buses equals less cars on roads equals less jams for those who are pro-car. Can you not see that?
If we can we just don't want that alternative. More capacity for cars yet allow buses to be as cumbersome as they are is, as planner puts it, pro-choice. What you suggest is pro-bus/anti-car which is dictatorial decision. That makes people want to use their car more to "stick it to the man".

The same applies for speed bumps; the more are installed, the more I'll think I'm clearly inappropriate and thus the more I'll rev my engine and drive fast over the speed bumps only to resume driving at 30, pleasantly and properly once the road is normal again.

Not sure on the "stick it to the man" idea, would be fairly self-defeatist, but I guess some people are just that and I kind of get it.

I see your point with speed-bumps. I do exactly the same on roads that are needlessly speed-bumped. They're a hassle for all rather than any particular way of addressing the inappropriate driving behaviours of a few.

and personel attacks is not childish as well??

Everyone has the basic right to speak their mind and do as they please as long as its within the framework of the law, that also happens to include driving a car.

Please take your purile rants and go do them someware else, because all i have so far seen is a lot of assumptions and personel beliefs with nothing to back them up

Seeing as I was pointing someone's ad hominen attack and correcting dumb inaccurate assumptions, you also seem to struggle with reading posts, judging by this ironic post of yours.

Archived