New Gay Club To Open In Sheffield!

Pussy Cats

Just a quickie:

Don't forget, Affinity, Sheffield's newest Gay Bar, is open TONIGHT, at 7 on Campo Lane (How appropriate!)

Tia-Anna is BACK, and at Affinity as your special guest TONIGHT!!!

See you at Affinity from 8!

Sheffield hasn't missed you love, stay away for good next time. :gag::gag:

Ok, here we go.

A couple of us arrived there at 8.15, we had gone to have a look round and to support a lass we know who was starting her first bar job....

On going in, the place looked all right, not garishly decorated like fuel used to be (good start)

We got to the bar to find about 7 bar staff, most of which seemed fairly new to the job - including my friend, it was her VERY first time behind a bar (virgin :hihi:)

Odered a pint of guiness and strongbow, the gas was way too high on the strongbow and took 4 top up's to get a full pint.

Then the surprise...all the glasses are plastic....what, cant we as responsible adults be trusted ?

But, ok, fair enough I can live with that.

We were joined by two more friends we had arranged to meet and found a table.

Within minutes we had Rustys ear piercing voice coming over the mike - set the mixer up correctly dear :rolleyes:

This was combined with slightly over enthusiastic use of the smoke machine - overall result was like walking through pea soup fog with a banshee wailing overhead !!!

To cut a long story short, a little while later I went to the loo to be confronted by 4 young queens in there bitching at the top of their voices - and the loo's are only small and ended up having to push past them - which them didnt take kindly to - should have moved when I asked them politely then shouldnt they....

Next trip to the bar - and this was the clincher.

The round was going to be 4 pints and 8 shots, I stood there for ove 10 minutes, eventually the guy next to me got served and the young queen who had just served him looked at me (now bear in mind there was no one else waiting to be served) he turned away, moved to the corner of the bar (square shape) and started dancing - totally ignoring me.

There were no other staff on this side as they were busy on the bar nearest to the main doors so that bit is fair enough, but WHY did he totally ignore me ?

I think he was too busy posing and trying to make a name for himself....I had seen him do exactly the same thing earlier when it was busy.

Anyway, for me that was enough, I said goodbye to my friends and jumped into a taxi.

Maybe im being a little hard on them as it was the first night, but surely the opening night could have been a little bit better prepared - as its mainly run by the "FUEL SHEFFIELD" team, you would think that a little more preparation would have been done.

I will return in a couple of weeks to see if it improves....

Then the surprise...all the glasses are plastic

Oh dear this is a turn off already.

The round was going to be 4 pints and 8 shots, I stood there for ove 10 minutes, eventually the guy next to me got served and the young queen who had just served him looked at me (now bear in mind there was no one else waiting to be served) he turned away, moved to the corner of the bar (square shape) and started dancing - totally ignoring me.

There were no other staff on this side as they were busy on the bar nearest to the main doors so that bit is fair enough, but WHY did he totally ignore me ?

Oh dear this does not bode well either, its a case of if ya not a stuck up size 28 waist queen you probably wont get served quickly, I am sure someone has said this before.

Well I am gonna pop in tonight for a couple before I head up West Street area.

I shall see how quickly I get served. :)

Within minutes we had Rustys ear piercing voice coming over the mike - set the mixer up correctly dear :rolleyes:

This was combined with slightly over enthusiastic use of the smoke machine - overall result was like walking through pea soup fog with a banshee wailing overhead !!!

omg will they ever learn.

:loopy::loopy::gag::gag::suspect::suspect:

Then the surprise...all the glasses are plastic....what, cant we as responsible adults be trusted ?

I won't be bothering going then.

If I wanted to drink out of plastic beakers I'd go to a children's birthday party.

a little while later I went to the loo to be confronted by 4 young queens in there bitching at the top of their voices

How very Fuel. Still, can't really blame the venue for their punter's behaviour.

but WHY did he totally ignore me ?

Probably because (a) you weren't one of his mates and (b) he didn't want to sleep with you.

Archived