Is it ALL Beer and Skittles?

Nesh

Originally posted by Nesh

Friendly yorkshire folk *sigh*...feel so welcome...*sigh

well to be fair you didn't exactly start off on the right foot did you?? :rolleyes:

sheffield people are amongst the friendliest in the world - but if you critisise then you better sleep with one eye open.....

You dont get out much do ya boy?

Now I'm just confused :confused:

Maybe I should limit myself to language the native Australian understands:

Sheffield, beer, watering holes, s'good! Sheilas? tasty, mate. Other stuff - lots of it. Moving pictures. Still pictures, plants and stuff (pretty nice). Blue sky, countryside, swell.

:D

Originally posted by Lee1979

well to be fair you didn't exactly start off on the right foot did you?? :rolleyes:

sheffield people are amongst the friendliest in the world - but if you critisise then you better sleep with one eye open.....

I can feel the vibes!!

Why so defensive..talking bout entertainment venues not the ppl. Ppl are fine.... just trying to understand the culture.

There is a danger that British life is increasing focused on drink. Hopefully you will see that there are other threads dealing with that issue.

But I think we have a great music scene, some great festivals, including two world leaders, Glasto...ahem...Edinburgh Festival, a strong comedy scene (not so much Sheffield) some of the best theatres in the world with some talented actors and actresses. We are all passionate about – if not overly successful - sport (20,000 people watch Wednesday every other week). We have universities that are some of the best in the world. We have excellent museums entry to which is free. Hundreds of clubs and societies catering for all needs – apparently Le Chambre in Attercliffe.

This board may be reflect a perceived drinking culture, which is predominant in this country, but please don’t let that put you off. There is loads to do go out and find it. And enjoy your stay.

Originally posted by Elf1

There is a danger that British life is increasing focused on drink. Hopefully you will see that there are other threads dealing with that issue.

But I think we have a great music scene, some great festivals, including two world leaders, Glasto...ahem...Edinburgh Festival, a strong comedy scene (not so much Sheffield) some of the best theatres in the world with some talented actors and actresses. We are all passionate about – if not overly successful - sport (20,000 people watch Wednesday every other week). We have universities that are some of the best in the world. We have excellent museums entry to which is free. Hundreds of clubs and societies catering for all needs – apparently Le Chambre in Attercliffe.

This board may be reflect a perceived drinking culture, which is predominant in this country, but please don’t let that put you off. There is loads to do go out and find it. And enjoy your stay.

Thankyou...nice reply.

I can feel the vibes!!

Why so defensive..talking bout entertainment venues not the ppl. Ppl are fine.... just trying to understand the culture.

ok then i apologise. :bigsmile:

loads of stuff to do in sheffield as has been mentioned.

and yes i know a lot of it revolves around drink - but it what's makes Britain Great. And its what we do best! :hihi:

Archived