What's happening to Spinrocs in Crookes?

mrsmills

We went up a coupe of weeks ago and had a very nice evening. The menu is reduced but to be honest I think that's a good thing. The new owners are obviously taking care to make the place special and it's still good value so I hope that they go from strength to strength.

I visited Spinrocs last night with a group of friends. It was my first tapas experience and definitely not the last. The atmosphere was buzzing and the decor of the re-fit is stylish, contempory, fresh and most inviting. I was spoilt for choice from the menu options and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The portion sizes were ample (and believe me, I can eat for England) and extremely tasty. The service was friendly and efficient. A most enjoyable night was had by all!

I went a few weeks ago and had quite a nice evening. The menu was somewhat reduced, which is a shame and there were fewer vegetarian choices. Although given that they were often unavailable under the old managment, this didn't make much of a difference. The food was fine, nothing amazing but quite nice. The wines were ok on the wine list. The service was a little slow, but very friendly, but it was the first week of opening. The bar area was livley, with a very friendly atmosphere. The new decor makes a refreshing change.

I was reluctant to eat at Spinrocs over the last year, but I will certainly go back now it is under new ownership.

Overall we had an enjoyable evening, with nice food and certainly no complaints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As I said above, Spinrocs used to be one of my favourite restaurants in Sheffield. I went a couple of weeks ago for the first time since the refurb and although I do like the new decor I was devastated that a couple of my favourite dishes were no longer on the menu! I'm sure I will continue to go because I do still like it but it'll take me a long time to get over the loss of the asparagus and green beans in almond butter (I'm not even veggie and that dish is one I could have eaten forever!)

Archived