Help! Receiving an order from US.

GazB

But the credit card dispute takes upto 8 weeks! And the woman I spoke to about it said they can only do what they can and can't guarantee I'll get my money back- She was useless!

I feel like visiting his shop in the US with a good old fashioned baseball bat :rant:

Gaz seriously don't worry about it.

That's a standard reply but you WILL be entitled to your money back.

At the end of the day legally your contract is with the Credit Card company NOT this store.

The scredit card company WILL give you your money back and they will pursue the company for the return of their funds.

Your choice is either, place the dispute now or wait to see if this guy will refund you within 7 days.

I'd personally give a final unltimatum outlining what I said above to the company and if you don't get the refund then place the dispute.

If by some poor luck the credit card company refuses to refund you, then advise that you wont be paying them and will happily take it to court.

However it wont be necessary. I've been there and done it myself mate.

If worst comes to the worst, get a flight to the US with your BB and get your 'payback' in other ways ;)

For future reference take this as a learning curve, and never buy from these Yahoo type stores. When I saw it myself I immediately thought NO NO NO.

A lot of these 'shops' are little more than con merchants.

Thanks for the advice DD, much appreciated :)

I'll wait for him to get back to me as I've told him I want a full refund, as by the time the shorts get here the 2nd time round I won't be in the country as I'm working away for 6 months in January!

Fingers crossed I'll get my refund by xmas and can use it to buy some pressies :)

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

When you do get your money back - mine a pint ;)

Off topic, where you working away?

As long as it's Stella you're on :thumbsup:

I can't say on a public forum I'm afraid for security reasons :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The guy is now saying that the USPS has confirmed the shorts were delivered to the UK on September 25th.. but the UK post office won't get back to them.

He says he is willing to give me store credit for $600, but no way am I getting a refund.

Now, is this bull or is this bull?

I'd love to speak to this little ***** face to face :rant:

Edit: Just had a look at their site.. and ALL prices have doubled!!

Is this a conspiracy or what? This is ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...

For those that are interested, the company now say they have received the order back from customs with a note saying they have to pay more money for the customs fees, and won't send them unless I give him more money.

I've disputed the charges with my credit card company, and will be booking a flight to where they're based with a trusty brick for their window :)

interesting, surely if customs returned them thier goods and demanded more fees, then surely its upto the company to pay any extra fees incurred, not yours.

havent you already entered into an agreement buy paying them in the first place???

anyhow go ahead with the CC Company for payment reversal, you will get your money back, as for the company saying "you agree not to dispute your purchase with the credit card company", surely this is against consumer rights????and they cant say otherwise?

Archived