Pubs in Meersbrook

randolf

What's wrong with the Sheaf??

Er - there's the White Lion on Chesterfield Road - not bad if you don't mind rock music and a bit of griminess (is that a word?). The Shakespeare is across from the Sheaf, or there is the Bridge Inn down where the train bridge crosses Chesterfield Road - down the hill from the Sheaf. They're all okay.

Do you know what the pubs are like on Derbyshire lane?

Google maps tell me there is the Cross Scythes, the Prince of Wales and the Mount Pleasant Inn.

I can't really go into details as to why I dislike the Sheaf, because a previous thread on the subject was removed.

I can only imagine that there's something wrong with expressing opinions about which pubs have good service and which don't, (suffice it to say, I've got a problem with the service!).

Don't go near The Sheaf.

It is far too brightly lit, and if you have the temerity to ask for a lager, you get harrangued, by the staff for not trying one of their "delicious" real ales.

Really?? I've drank nothing but lager in there for the 7 or so years I've been going in, with no harranging experience. Agree with you on the lighting, though

Archived