'Amadeus' at the Crucible

Is anyone else going to see this production? I've booked to see it next month. I'm really looking forward to it, not least because it's been years since I've visited the Crucible (and Sheffield too, for any length of time, come to that).

• 4 weeks later...
My lady friend is adamant she has booked tickets for us for Dec 15 for Amadeus. Which all the publicity says ends on 8 Dec. Am baffled.

The last night is indeed December 8th, a Saturday.

We went to a pre-run performance last week. If you have fond memories of the fabulous production at the Lyceum about 12 years ago, put them aside - this has a very different feel to it. Mozart is excellent. Not so sure about Salieri, disliked the Venticelli, but it is such a great play that it is definitely worth seeing.

• 3 weeks later...
We went to a pre-run performance last week. If you have fond memories of the fabulous production at the Lyceum about 12 years ago, put them aside - this has a very different feel to it. Mozart is excellent. Not so sure about Salieri, disliked the Venticelli, but it is such a great play that it is definitely worth seeing.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing this with my soon to be wife about 18 years ago. I'm pretty sure it was at The Crucible then. Never realised it had made another appearance inbetween.

I am going tonight with a few friends, really looking forward to it

Hope you and your friends enjoyed it, wendy. I saw it last night (27th) and was amazed. I'd never seen it before, never seen the film, or indeed, even heard the story. Once again, the Crucible has done us proud with an excellent play, excellently produced.

There was a problem last night with the written system for deaf people (sorry I don't know the proper technical term - it's like the matrix signs on motorways), which conked out really early on. I hope anyone who was relying on it enjoyed and appreciated the play anyway.

Archived