Growing up in Sheffield

nonprodigal

I used to take a Star paper round when I still lived with my parents in the early 1980s. And on Overton road, there was a house with around 3 mental patients who were living in the community. And they had a paper on one day of the week. They had a supervisor who lived with them who died and they didn't do any thing about it for nearly a week. He was dead in the house with them and they all just carried on as normal.

• 3 years later...
thanks for reminding me about walter, i remember him always having a present for any kids whos birthday it was. Have you any idea what happened to him?

Walter is indeed still going strong, bless him, and can be found most days in Hillsborough or Wadsley, or in the Freemasons Arms - he now lives nearby. He will be 83 on 22 April, and there's usually a party in one of the Wadsley pubs. Here's a photo of him taken last summer. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/twigmore/Walter2June2007.jpg

I don't remember those two you mentioned but has anyone seen "Cider Man" about? He's always got a bottle of cider with him and he's dancing to music in his ears.

You may say he's just a drunk but something's definately wrong with him...

He's usually around the Hillsborough/ Malin Bridge area.

We call him Dancing man :D

Also we now have Elvis out and about in Crookes and Broomhill:D

Archived